Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
DELUXE BOX - Updates & information
  • 1010 Comments sorted by
  • I'm wondering if those of us, like myself, who just ordered the box within the last couple of weeks still have a chance of receiving a signed lithograph...
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...
  • There were meant to be 500 copies with signed photos, but Alison got carried away and did 600! Those of you with nums 501-600 are v lucky :-)
  • Signed by Alison and Will mine was so guess everyone else's too?? :-bd
  • There were meant to be 500 copies with signed photos, but Alison got carried away and did 600! Those of you with nums 501-600 are v lucky :-)

Just checked when i ordered mine and it was within 1 hour of it being announced. Sounds like they decided on 600 anyway and then it was pure pot luck which number you got ? Its a lovely momento of a fantastic album no matter the number.     
    www.themummers.co.uk
    photo 48d99ea1-4ff3-47b4-a076-5c9c0bc0a716_zpsbb643bce.jpg
  • stevil said:

Jo_ey i absolutely hope that Alison gets to see your video.....

she may gasp at the scissors though ;) 

She'll just write a noire chic song about a scissor-wielding doppelganger named Joey.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • How am I a doppelganger.... Are you stuck in 2009
  • Just called Sandbag and spoke to very charming man who perhaps wasn't prepared for my scorn at still not receiving it. I paid a fee to have it delivered by courier. I received the e-mail early on Wednesday. It's still not here...so, what exactly did I pay for if it's not "next day" delivery? He said that he's certain that it will 'probably arrive' today. I'm afraid the uncertainty didn't go down too well with me. LOL!

We are not talking about 100,000 boxsets. The advisor said that just over 1000 had been purchased. This should not be such a huge deal to sort out, and especially considering the money we've spent. Bearing in mind that overseas people have had theirs for days, it's infuriating.

I am allegedly going to be emailed a tracking number. We'll see....
    Post edited by Teddypoppins at 2013-12-20 06:06:30
  • Off topic but people who said they wanted a Sa Sa Ding and Alison Duet: with some clever editing it won't be hard to make a duet from the two songs. So if you're bored over the holidays: that will give you something to do. (I may make one myself but I won't be able to yet (box has not arrived and I'm leaving for a while without my laptop soon).
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • I'm loooooving the Moog Remix of Stranger - it really does sound like the FM album and the BC single b-side remixes had an audio child.

Alison so nearly forms words in amongst the ooooo-ing and the synth infused audio adds a certain level of edge to it. Gorgeous stuff.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Wouldn't mind them using that remix to extend the song live
  • rewak said:

Wouldn't mind them using that remix to extend the song live

That, Sir, is a very nice idea!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Me likies the boxset.

#428 :-)
  • Box set is OK - wondering if they made 4-5 films why they aren't all on the DVD.

Print is nice, but where is the arty picture of Will? ;)
  • My box has apparently arrived (somewhere) and has been signed for by someone who I don't know. Thank you Courier!

Also, the postal cost was explained to me. Apparently they received the box on Wednesday afternoon and they put it in a pouch....then on Thursday they send it to be dispatched. For it to arrive on Friday....somewhere..... Oh, righty. So I paid the equivalent price of next day delivery but it took 2 days because they needed to put the box in a pouch........ I give up! What was the point of my Wednesday shipping e-mail? What is the point in paying £10 for a 2 day delivery? Why has the delivery of 1,000 boxes been so poorly organised?
    Post edited by Teddypoppins at 2013-12-20 12:35:49
  • Maybe it's with a random neighbour.....? Who knows? Maybe someone is opening the cellophane ...? Wahhhhh!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!