Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Hammersmith Apollo - 1st Nov 2013 - Who went ?
  • 281 Comments sorted by
  • Sartori - I think you're being a bit over-sensitive.  That review was largely VERY positive.  Those of us lucky enough to have seen Alison in concert many times, are probably more fine-tuned to her on stage persona and how she connects with her audiences than those who have not seen her multiple times.  Yes, the dictionary definition of "aloof" doesn't really apply, but I think it's fair to say that in general she has a certain coolness to her stage presence and it suits the music marvelously.  
  • It was great meeting all of you guys! 

(The Norwegian... ;) )

Thank you for the chocolate coated teddy bears.  They were an interesting sweet treat.
  • Yes, look forward to seeing you next Frapp-meet, CaravanGirl! :-)

"Excuse me - is there something wrong young, pretty girl?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=mZWDAWoF6Tk#t=41

Sorry, that line/scene still amuses me!
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-11-11 08:18:30
  • Helloooo everyone.
    Where have I been !!!
    Fab gig, although traffic getting there was urgh!! 
    Met with CaravanGirl just before and we met a few friends at the Blue Anchor :) So lovely to see everyone.
    Gig was fab, I will have some pictures to show, once I am allowed to, hopefully but don't be expecting the same stuff I pulled at Somerset House, had to stand way way back !!! 
    Enjoyed the whole experience again, met a lovely new friend, and once again stayed with Laura, thank you, so much.
    Finally thank you to HorseTearz, you are obviously blind, but thank you.
    Soon as I can post pics, I shall do :)
    Sophie_Banner
  • Me too, Halloween Jack & Wild Corgi - I will definitely be there! ;)

Halloween Jack: Haha, a classic clip...I squirm when watching it, as what they're "saying" is a mix of gobbledegook & random numbers (they couldn't find *one* person who could actually speak Norwegian??). And yes, we always address people like that... ;p
    Gawd, it's awful... :P

Haha, the choc bears, Pet...not as popular as they are here in Norway, though.. I handed the rest of them over to the girls behind the bar - hope it brightened their evening at work a little bit. ;)
  • Sartori - I think you're being a bit over-sensitive.  That review was largely VERY positive.  Those of us lucky enough to have seen Alison in concert many times, are probably more fine-tuned to her on stage persona and how she connects with her audiences than those who have not seen her multiple times.  Yes, the dictionary definition of "aloof" doesn't really apply, but I think it's fair to say that in general she has a certain coolness to her stage presence and it suits the music marvelously.  

How strange , at what point did you think I was criticising Alison ? I saw her at Manchester and Somerset House and she was relatively quieter than on those occasions , its an observational comment not a critique . I have seen them quite a few times and I only noted the one word which stuck out like a sore thumb in the review for those that haven`t seen them live many times and might get the perception she was a snooty cow or summat , one word can undo a whole review . 
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-11-13 11:37:36
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • That word could be 'arse'.
    There is my contribution for the day children.
  • Haha, the choc bears, Pet...not as popular as they are here in Norway, though.. I handed the rest of them over to the girls behind the bar - hope it brightened their evening at work a little bit. ;)

I'd never come across those choc bears before.  They had an unusual texture.  I really enjoyed them.  Maybe I should have taken some more, but I didn't wish to be greedy.
  • Pet: Ah, but you see: "Bamsemums" *should* always be met with greed. ;)
  • Mr Baxter:

Yes, your travel there did seem rather on the traumatic side.. ;)

Good of you to shake my hand just after I'd had that messy avocado wrap... ;p

• ^ I came away unscathed, it was a pleasure to meet you at last.
    Roll on the next time :)
    Sophie_Banner

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!