Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Hammersmith Apollo - 1st Nov 2013 - Who went ?
  • 281 Comments sorted by
  • ^ someone referred to her as aloof on twitter the other day, she did comment on it. Not in an arsey way, just said she was really tired.
  • I should have said "alleged aloof" , it says more about the reviewer if he wishes to negatively angle his review than the group/singer , I prefer the truth , she was just quiet after a life stealing tour across many lands .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Unless I am severely deluded I thought Alison was chatty and charming....but what do I know.
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • She was quiet relative to Manchester and thingybob House , not that it caught my ear (or not) on the night .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Well guys do not forget, Alison should blow kisses. Tell the crowd how much she loves them after every track. Something like a footballer kissing the badge when he scores a goal. I call it false. Seems like some saddos want that. Myself i want to hear Alisons amazing voice whos music means so much to me. It gets listened in good and bad times. And anything to the crowd she does do is meant.

JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • I liked the bit introducing Clay:

Alison: This is about two soldiers who fall in love

Person in Crowd: WOOO! YEAH!

Alison: Indeed
  • Brevity is the soul of wit:)
    Side note: That picture of her above is so sultry!!
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2013-11-04 20:00:54
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Look, all these reviews need to bother to say is Goldfrapp once again performed a stonking show which was hugely appreciated my their dedicated audience and fan base. They performed a terrific set, backed by a fantastic group of musicians and fronted by one of the UK's most under rated talented singers.
    Plus Alison is one darn sexy lady :\">
  • My sis is not easily swayed from her standard music taste but she was stunned by what they produced on Fri and was moved both by Als performance and the depth of the sound. They have yet another new fan me thinks.... :)
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Laura said:

It was such a fun night. Here's my review - the lights, were BRILLIANT, the sound was great, Alison sounded perfect, my company was amazing.........

(this is coming from someone who is trying to get on an MA course in critical theatre writing - I'm sorry, my skills will not appear here....)

Great gig. Hearing yellow halo and Thea was an amazing experience ..... I am tired, and I am done. But it was amaing to see you all - I love the frapp crew and I love the band more than I could ever express.

Rainbow lasers xxxx

Your company was the best you've ever had ;)
    www.laylaholzer.com
  • ^ I'm not sure if you two helped keep each other's over-emoting in check, or the joint effort resulted in a more intense meltdown, but it was fun to witness, lol. :-)
  • Haha! Totes emosh! We were there for each other, for crying and dancing to Disco Frapp Moments. It's was JOYFUL!
    www.laylaholzer.com
  • She was not aloft. I could show them fucking aloft if they wish.

yes RAINBOW LAZERS!
  • thathurt said:

Ah I missed spoting Pet & whisperit. Pah. Photos later if I can rescue any from Hammersmith n Paris shows.

And I missed spotting you.  *sigh*
  • Look, all these reviews need to bother to say is Goldfrapp once again performed a stonking show which was hugely appreciated my their dedicated audience and fan base. They performed a terrific set, backed by a fantastic group of musicians and fronted by one of the UK's most under rated talented singers.
    Plus Alison is one darn sexy lady :\">

Exactly.  I'm not sure why anyone bothers to read the reviews.  I know I haven't.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!