Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
DELUXE BOX - Updates & information
  • 1010 Comments sorted by
  • wow the making of TOU is exaclty what i asked, can't wait till November!!
  • Got another email today just confirming what's in the deluxe version. Sounds great! :D
  • For those who want to know what Sa Dingding sounds like, her last single. She has a really nice voice, it's just such an out of the blue choice.

• Caterwaulling .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • rewak said:

For those who want to know what Sa Dingding sounds like, her last single. She has a really nice voice, it's just such an out of the blue choice.

She's one of those people I don't own anything by but find myself crossing her path now and again due to the fact she's working with somebody I love or seeing a video of hers. Intrigued how this will pan out but i love the fact that they have not only done themselves a remix but also stepped a little to the left while doing so.

Just makes the deluxe set intrigue/expectation/drool build a little more.......
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Anyone else wonder if this is the final product of the box set? We're so close to November, perhaps this is a final update? Although I'd looove to see all the videos on there (which would indeed make sense) it's still fantastic to be gifted with a making-of film, something I've always enjoyed. 

All in all, I'm very satisfied. Just hope the delivery service doesn't wreck the damn thing! Hoping they wrap it in lead before they mail it to me here in Canada....
  • Making of Tales Of Us? Very happy.
    Another remix? Not so happy. Where's C-Tune?

• the making of thing sounds good, pleased about that :)

i'm really interested to hear thea with sa dinding, i've been listening to her for a few years now, i love the 'alive' album. i have spent many a happy car journey entertaining myself by trying to sing along to her stuff. especially the ones sung in her 'self created language'. 
    :D
  • Good news! And yes, I love the randomness (at least for us) of choosing Dingding as a collaborator, too. But why only for the Deluxe Version? Anyway, sounds great so far. Only missing the three remaining videos. Add them and I'll be 100% happy.
    Be patient.
  • Low said:

Not so happy. Where's C-Tune?

This.
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • HolyOwl said:

Only missing the three remaining videos. Add them and I'll be 100% happy.

This for me.
  • i'm definitely interested in the sa dingding remix, interesting combination
  • Sorry but i still think they should add more..... £65+£10p+p is a lot of money.....
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • I am surprised they didn't go for this Blu-Ray Audio Format I have been reading about
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • To be honest it wouldn't benefit that much on the audio side of things, it's already 24/96 and DTS on the DVD so it would only be the video quality that would see the improvement, plus of course there would be more room for other stuff. I would have much preferred a Blu of course, but i can understand why they settled for DVD.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!