Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Later with Jools Holland - BBC2(HD) - 1 Oct 2013
  • 259 Comments sorted by
  • Please someone upload the performance :D
  • yes.....not available to view in the U.S. :(

• Thanks sir! Her dress looked lovely on the show. I didn't realize the very long slit in the front.  :-bd
    God bless HD! 
    =D>
    Post edited by saizo at 2013-10-01 23:23:59
  • oh thank you Carpathian.......so much

• Lovely!
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I thought it was absolutely brilliant! And it wasn't Drew! Can't believe people are moaning...

Me neither! It was gorgeous, and there's more to come!

edit: hello valerian :)
    Post edited by ping at 2013-10-02 02:48:17
  • Carpy - thanks from LA for the upload!  What a gorgeous performance.  As much as I adore it when Goldfrapp fills every available slot with layer upon layer of sound, hearing Alison's voice with the tenderest backing of plucked guitar and piano is a treat.  It's such a shame that they won't travel with strings as the third act entry of the strings is so lovely.  Can't wait to hear the other song(s).  
  • i think they did a great performance, Alison looked fabulous with the Ossie Clark dress, although i didn't like that green light, too disturbing :)
  • Carpy-Thank you soooo much for posting that so the rest of us could see it. It was really impressive, better even than the Fallon gig. The sound was incredible, you could hear a pin drop. Alison looked like an angel, and the way they shot her was much more impressive. I've not been to either studio but I'm thinking the Jools set is significantly bigger. The shots with the jib were big and fluid, she looked fantastic in close up and I didn't mind the lighting at all. Everybody did a stellar job! So great to watch, I'm sure that's gonna be a YouTube favorite!
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • A_is_A said:

I'm sure that's gonna be a YouTube favorite!

Am I right in thinking no-one overseas can view it on YouTube? Just curious...

• If Carpy uploads his recording and youtube doesnt flag it, yes, people outside of the EU will see it. It's only uploads directly from the show which are blocked. Tthere are a number of old Golfrapp performances from Jools that are currently on YouTube which i can watch. I'm sure those posts where done in via 3rd party (not from show)
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2013-10-02 07:13:18
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Yup, I was just enquiring whether the video the BBC had put up was viewable to you guys? I assume not. I have put jools performances on yt myself, which have survived their regional crippling, and I (or carps) can do so again, if wanted. :-)
  • There's a lot of praise on Facebook for last nights performance
  • I thought the poor little creature looked nervy as hell!

She doesn't do herself any favours by hiding in the shadows and ignoring her audience like that either... the other acts may be crap but at least they had some kind of stage presence, and they look like they were enjoying it all, by contrast Alison seemed to want to crawl away and hide, which in essence she did, not waving goodbye at the end, no real eye contact blah blah blah.... if anything she had a very 'negative' stage presence, she might be shy, and some people may find this charming, but that's not the way it comes across...

sure it's clear that she's got nothing in common with the other acts there, but that should have been a bonus, and she could have used that positively , instead she just seemed to vanish inbetween some jazzer and some raucous black punky guitar combo.

This'll get me killed but that's the way I feel about it....

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!