Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Later with Jools Holland - BBC2(HD) - 1 Oct 2013
  • 259 Comments sorted by
  • If the livestream that I found on the internet would keep working.. I could actually watch Goldfrapp perform.
  • Get off bloody Sarah Millican and get on with Later ffs!!!
  • It's Franz Ferdinand...sounding completely irrelevant.
  • Its the sound of people whinging to the sound of guitars.........and how much do I like Goldfrapp to sit though this jazz shit.
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • That was beautiful, with an amazingly bad choice of follow on act. Seriously, a crap punk (and I use the term loosely) band straight after Annabel?
  • stunning, just gorgeous. an absolutely massive amount of fantastic tweets going off in response too! very positive. fabulous.
  • Meeeeeeeellllllttt!!!!!!! Sheer gorgeousness. Shame the back lighting blurred her a bit.

I like Franz Ferdinand and glad their back as enjoyed that. Sorry to disappoint anyone here.
  • I thought the FF track was kind of OK, though right now we need ACTIONS not words, they got that wrong!

But yes Goldfrapp, only disappointment is it wouldn't be my first choice of TOU song and one is not enough, but more on Friday if I understand correctly?

It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • yeah deffo more on friday, the later twitter feed said so!
  • Brilliant, I guess it will be Drew, sorry but I hope not, please be Thea or Alvar (however unlikely that is)
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Yes I think it will be Drew but HOPE that Thea will be played.  =P~

Get in there Franz. im still an Indie kid at heart 
    \m/
  • james blake was great too
  • Was just browsing the Guardian as you do, Goldfrapp get a mention on the Jools Holland live blog
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • .........aaaaaaand breathe again. Well, that was a bit gorgeous, wasn't it! :x =D>

When Later gets a band's sound right it *really* gets it right. I'd wager Alison was nervous - the old 'left ear monitor fiddle' gave that away. No need to worry though - it was live and it was marvellous.

ping said:

james blake was great too

Absolutely - I think the album will really get a second wind through the Autumn & Winter months. Feels more suited to this end of the year.

edit: ha - The Guardian's live Jools blog have featured my James Blake tweet. Unexpected!
    Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2013-10-01 17:49:47
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Maybe I need to listen to Blakey boy a bit more but he sounded incredibly dull  8-|

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!