Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Later with Jools Holland - BBC2(HD) - 1 Oct 2013
  • 259 Comments sorted by
  • Actually well up for this tonight. Adoring the new James Blake album from this year and he's on tonight too.

Oh, and Chas & Dave, as mentioned Ahem.

If it is Clay (maybe tonight or maybe for the other track of theirs on Friday's recorded show?) then that'll be excellent. Still loving Drew & Annabel but something else would be even better.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Second that, very promising lineup, indeed!

Perhaps they'll release the video for it soon after this performance (or more like Monday next week)? 
    Would make sense to me since the last one is nearly one month ago.

Anyway, I love this way of album promotion when you are free to perform any song you want to. I always find it kinda boring when artists already have a second or third single out but are forced to perform the first one cause it was/is such a huge hit ... such a shite.
    Post edited by HolyOwl at 2013-10-01 08:17:51
    Be patient.
  • I'd lay money on it being Drew tonight, so looking forward more to Friday when there will be at least one more, possibly two. 
  • I forgot to say that Chas and Dave are also on the show. What a show!!!

I hope Chas and Dave sing "We're off to Wembley coz we beat the Arsenal".  ;)

Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • Pretty please, (if do-able) somebody copy and upload the show somewhere so we can see it here in the U.S. and other countries. The Jools show/BBC blocks the streams from anywhere outside the EU :(
    -A million thank you's in advance!!

Side note: Did anyone from the GMB win tickets to the BB6 Maida Vale gig?
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2013-10-01 14:30:31
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • I'll be trying to grab the whole thing from iPlayer anyway so will let you know how it goes. Failing that I'll nab whatever vids hit the Jools-Tube.

On a side note, my boss at work has said he's intrigued with my fanboy-ness and will be tuning in tonight to see what this whole Goldfrapp thing is all about.

Please let the whole "it's live" side of things go ok! {very detailed smiley crossing it's fingers goes here}
  • Please let the whole "it's live" side of things go ok! {very detailed smiley crossing it's fingers goes here}

Yeah, last week there was someone whose guitar/amp failed to make any sound, and Jools had to apologise. Lets hope all goes smoothly for Ali & co. So... I guess the extra stuff shown on Friday is all performed/recorded after this half hour's stuff...
  • A_is_A said:

Pretty please, (if do-able) somebody copy and upload the show somewhere so we can see it here in the U.S. and other countries. The Jools show/BBC blocks the streams from anywhere outside the EU :(
    -A million thank you's in advance!!

Side note: Did anyone from the GMB win tickets to the BB6 Maida Vale gig?

I'll be recording both shows (as well as Carpy), so you should be OK there.

And no, not one person on the GMB won tickets for Maida Vale. :-(

• ^Thanks HJ! Carpy too!

Please let the whole "it's live" side of things go ok! {very detailed smiley crossing it's fingers goes here}

I find it so curious and wonderful really, that people care so much about something that they get a little nervous about it. I think it's adorable. I too hope they knock it out of the park this time as well, I think they will.
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2013-10-01 16:11:50
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • A_is_A said:

I find it so intriguing and wonderful really, when people care so much about something that they get a little nervous about it. I think it's adorable. I too hope they knock it out of the park this time as well, I think they will.

Ha ha!  I always get nervous!!  

A girl I went to primary school (not sure what you call that in the States 5-12yrs) just posted on my FB page that Goldfrapp are on J. Holland tonight!!  

Seems like everyone is aware of my obsession.....can't think how ;)
  • Hmmm I wonder... :D
    Too bad nobody from the GMB won tickets to the show, what a bummer, and I read they had 80 tickets too!
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • A_is_A said:

I find it so curious and wonderful really, that people care so much about something that they get a little nervous about it. I think it's adorable. I too hope they knock it out of the park this time as well, I think they will.

I've been known to just not watch something at the time if a band I love is playing live on TV.

I'm just too nervous for the possibilities!
  • None of that tonight, if its anywhere near as good as their Fallon performance you're gonna be glued to the tube ( tube is TV for Americans haha) That's the other thing isn't it, watching live TV is like nothing else really. Gonna shut up now and think happy thoughts:) Do tell how it goes! Enjoy!
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2013-10-01 16:37:33
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Una said:

A_is_A said:

I find it so intriguing and wonderful really, when people care so much about something that they get a little nervous about it. I think it's adorable. I too hope they knock it out of the park this time as well, I think they will.

Ha ha!  I always get nervous!!  

A girl I went to primary school (not sure what you call that in the States 5-12yrs) just posted on my FB page that Goldfrapp are on J. Holland tonight!!  

Seems like everyone is aware of my obsession.....can't think how ;)

Hahaha, I've had 2 people text me! Teehee

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!