Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 58 Comments sorted by
  • Ditto. I bet it's Alison's favorite too. No wonder it's the opening song.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Even the pre-sale passwords for the shows are "annabel". Has to be 1st single.
  • Jo_ey said:

Even the pre-sale passwords for the shows are "annabel". Has to be 1st single.

Good catch. I'm stoked. Thanks, Joey.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • I'm going to order Annabel the book after reading the review on Amazon. I'm fascinated by gender issues, and the people who have the courage to defy their own bodies.

• I just finished reading the book. It's a pretty good book, but the writer does tend to have a habit of going into long long loooong descriptions that become near tangenital which means you can skim an entire page and miss nothing. I guess they were trying to invoke some kind of dream like quality, didn't work for me. It doesn't detract from it, just means you can read it faster :P It's not totally what i expected it to be, which is good because it wasn't that predictable (parts were, but that's unavoidable with a story like this). I'd recommend it, it's an easy enough read and pretty engrossing.
    How many pages???
  • Sparky said:

I'm going to order Annabel the book after reading the review on Amazon. I'm fascinated by gender issues, and the people who have the courage to defy their own bodies.

I defy my body every time I look in the mirror, but it keeps telling me to fuck off and does what it wants anyhow.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I made a cover for Annabel--hope you like it! :D
    Full version's on my blog!
    Post edited by UpOnThe101 at 2013-06-17 01:58:42
  • Sparky said:

I'm going to order Annabel the book after reading the review on Amazon. I'm fascinated by gender issues, and the people who have the courage to defy their own bodies.

Have you read....Middlesex by J. Eugenides or
                             Misfortune by W.Stace 
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Amazing..... One of the new songs has its own thread that's already turning into an involved appreciation and we haven't even heard it in its entirety yet!

Annabel <3 = Clowns <3<br />
    :)
  • If and when I can be sure what the 3rd track clip is it'll have it's own thread for sure!

Annabel isn't the only favoured one in town!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • True true....

This reminds me of when I read about the Union chapel gig in 2008. I think the review made a comment about how uniquely, the best audience reactions were saved for the new material... I have a weird sensation it will be like that this time :)
  • kathleen winter who wrote the book this is based on is on twitter, so i tweeted her. just saying i was looking forward to hearing the frapps interpretation of the book. she replied saying...

"the book was largely inspired by music, and now the golden circle continues! i'm so happy about it"
  • ping said:

kathleen winter who wrote the book this is based on is on twitter, so i tweeted her. just saying i was looking forward to hearing the frapps interpretation of the book. she replied saying...

"the book was largely inspired by music, and now the golden circle continues! i'm so happy about it"

So cute =)
  • I have to admit I don't like this Annabel snippet at all.  :-??
    Just not my cup of tea, not really into it, especially talking about the lyrics extract.
    They seem kind of dull to me and remind me of german song that goes like 
    "If you think, you think, then you only think, you think, a young girl cannot do this"
    Oh, I hate that song. And that's why I personally don't like the snippet and probably won't like it to be the first single. Wondering if I should read the book, too ... ?!

To be honest, I'm not too keen on any of the new audio material so far. I loved Seventh Tree, though. A lot.
    And I am totally in love with all of the new visuals! And this rumors about Monica Belluci, ay caramba...

Let's wait for the whole thing... it's only snippets. Sorry. 
    At least it helps me not to die of not being able to wait for the release. 
    And keeping expectations low can't be that wrong, right?
    Post edited by HolyOwl at 2013-06-29 15:00:48
    Be patient.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!