Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
ADMIN PLEASE NOTE: Forum issues
  • 621 Comments sorted by
  • Sartori, is that squirrel for real??!  Lovely.  The most beautiful squirrel I've ever seen was around Toronto.  They were just like a grey squirrel (and, in fact, werre called such) but they were jet black!  I really wanted to entice a few into my trunk and bring them back to Maine!
  • Added post edited info... good?
    Edited this...
    Post edited by Admin at 2013-06-11 11:57:29
    This is my signature. Here's my Twitter account!
  • Sartori, is that squirrel for real??!  Lovely.  The most beautiful squirrel I've ever seen was around Toronto.  They were just like a grey squirrel (and, in fact, werre called such) but they were jet black!  I really wanted to entice a few into my trunk and bring them back to Maine!

Its a pic I saved from somewhere a while back , my special ginger squirrel . I like the concept of a ninja black squirrel , he`d have your nuts and you wouldnt even know they were gone .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  •  
    Admin said:

Added post edited info... good?

Edited this...

Good , stops people editing their posts and making you look a dingleberry when you comment haha
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Sartori said:

Admin said:

Added post edited info... good?

Edited this...

Good , stops people editing their posts and making you look a dingleberry when you comment haha

Oh, never thought of that! Yep, good one to have then.
  • Hey guys, i think that's all the changes for now. I think the best way to continue is for you guys to discuss what else you may want on this and collate feedback for me. Let's reconvene on Friday morning or so? I can't promise to give everything, but will see what i can do.

On a separate note, i'm wondering if we should give some of the super users of the previous forum some kind of moderation status, to help us keep the site tidy? Was there anything like that in the previous msg board? I'll suggest this to management. Ciao for now!
  • Cheers,. Marc. I'd be happy to take on some moderator status/duties, if we're allowed to put ourselves forward, lol?
  • Admin said:

On a separate note, i'm wondering if we should give some of the super users of the previous forum some kind of moderation status, to help us keep the site tidy? Was there anything like that in the previous msg board? I'll suggest this to management. Ciao for now!

No.  User/moderators were offered (by the users), at least once, and no joy.  The only concern with the old site was a preponderance of spam.  If that is not a concern, I'm not sure what a moderator would really do, but I would surely volunteer.

Thanks for everything, Marc.  Brilliant, really. 
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-06-11 12:17:05
  • I find it odd that every single new thread title is on the front page? This has probably been brought up but it just looks kind of messy.
  • There she is!  Woohooooooo!

Hmm, I just see a little black 'x' and "Ali!" at the bottom of each of your posts.. no pic.
  • folklore said:

I find it odd that every single new thread title is on the front page? This has probably been brought up but it just looks kind of messy.

Hey Foksie!
  • folklore said:

I find it odd that every single new thread title is on the front page? This has probably been brought up but it just looks kind of messy.

I think I know what you mean, folkie. If you click on the big pic at the top, it does arrange/split the thread-titles into the 4 subject groups.. and just shows the first 5. It was ultra-confusing earlier.. cos everything was changing!
  • Hmm, I just see a little black 'x' and "Ali!" at the bottom of each of your posts.. no pic.

Still, HJ?!?!  That's pretty bizarre.  It's been changed on my screen for quite a while.  Hmmm.  Let me know, please, in a few days if my Smiling Ali isn't back.  I just tried logging out and back in.  Maybe that will help.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-06-11 12:25:04
  • Admin said:

Testing uploads of images...

Edit: Works, so to attach just click on "Attach File" at the bottom of the post box.

Can anyone see this "Attach file" button? I have the "Insert image" button along with all the others at the top, but at the bottom there is just "Back to discussions" and "Post comment". I'm probably missing something obvious!

• Still, HJ?!?!  That's pretty bizarre.  It's been changed on my screen for quite a while.  Hmmm.  Let me know, please, in a few days if my Smiling Ali isn't back.  I just tried logging out and back in.  Maybe that will help.

Yeah, will do. It might just be my browser, if others can see it. I can see the double black-white image Marc uploaded, and Sartori's long, thin one OK.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!