Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Goldfrapp Live in NYC September 10th, 2013.
  • 220 Comments sorted by
  • @Una true, all the ones done this year
  • Good quality vid of Road To Somewhere inbetween the dodgy start & finish ! Change the quality to HD at the top of the vid. 

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x14kx6a_goldfrapp-live-in-nyc-9-10-2013_music?search_algo=2

Post edited by Micky at 2013-09-11 17:28:35
    www.themummers.co.uk
    photo 48d99ea1-4ff3-47b4-a076-5c9c0bc0a716_zpsbb643bce.jpg
  • Very nice photos indeed.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • NICE!!!!!
    Stage massive...
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Surprised at the lack of videos of the Tales of Us songs.  Was security very tight during the first half of the show or were folks just so transfixed they forgot to get their phones going?  Personally, I can't be bothered to do any filming at a show, I'm there to enjoy the experience in the moment, but I greatly appreciate those amateur photos who decide to capture shows for those of us unable to attend. 
  • i was so happy that my friend Nicole accompanying me snapped me outta  my daze so that i could grab no. 24 of 50 limited NYC TOU heavy cardstock prints signed by alison and will and numbered..........frame shop tomorrow....glad to be back in L.A. .....NYC is amazing but wow it sucks the life outta you if you are a west coast kid :)  
  • Hello fellow goldfrapp fans. I am new to the board but have been a fan of Goldfrapp since Felt Mountain and my accidental discovery of Allison when she sang Utopia on Late Night with Conan O Brien back in 2000 or 2001. 
     Well before last night I had seen her twice, the first was at the Roseland Ballroom at the end of their Supernature tour and the second was during her stop in Washington D.C. at the 9:30 club during the Head First tour. Well this may be a lengthy post but please bare with me because I am still on a high from last night. After a 5 1/2 hr drive up from Richmond Virginia I arrived at the Beacon Theater wearing my Head First tour t-shirt. I quickly struck up a conversation with these two very nice guys and a girl who were standing around these two big open doors on the side of the Beacon Hotel. Well turns out the girl had seen Allison with Lisa earlier around 3:00 come walking out of the side door and she almost did not recognize her because she was in regular clothes with no make-up and when she realized it was Allison she was so nervous that she couldn't say anything. She said Allison seemed to not be in a good mood so she didn't want to bother her.
    Well while we were chatting about all things Goldfrapp this guy dressed in regular street clothes comes walking rather fast out of the side door and the girl I was chatting with says "Oh my god  that's Will." While he looked thinner than he does in pictures and interviews I could tell by the hair it was him. The guys who had been standing with us quickly ran to catch up with him and they stopped and chatted with him for a few minutes in front of the Starbucks across the street and the girl and I watch kind of starstruck while he autographed stuff for the two guys and took a pic with them. He shook their hands and quickly disappeared around the corner. They said he was very nice and had no problem signing their stuff but was a little hesitant at first about a picture but then he gladly obliged them. Well while the four of us stood there wondering where Will was in such a hurry to get to by himself about 20 minutes later he comes walking quickly around the corner the corner carrying his freshly dry cleaned suit that he wore on stage. Yes that suit he came on stage wearing he had just a little over a few hours ago dashed to retrieve from the cleaners. Well we waited to see if Allison would happen to show up but about 7:45 we decided she was probably getting ready for the show so we gave up any chance she might come out.
    Now onto the show, I am still speechless this third time absolutely blew away the other two times I saw her and that is saying a lot because those Supernature and Head First shows were amazing. Ever since Felt Mountain I always wanted to see Allison perform with an orchestra and last night that dream came true. I don't even see how listening to the album now (which I have on repeat) can compare to hearing Tales of Us performed live with an orchestra. I sure felt sorry for the orchestra member who got the icey glare from Allison right at the start of Jo. Allison is a perfectionist so obviously she didn't like what she heard. 
    Well after the show I was heading to the parking garage across the street to head back to Virginia when I saw one of the guys I had met earlier who had gotten Will's autograph and picture standing at the side door again and he said he didn't know if Allison would come out but it wouldn't hurt to wait. Later the girl I had met earlier also showed back up and I saw she had manage to snag one of the signed posters also. Well about 10 or 15 other fellow fans got the same idea and stood around waiting and hoping to see Allison. Well Dave came out first and chatted with a gentleman that had a vinyl copy of Tales of Us that they were apparently selling inside. I had managed to snap up one of the limited signed posters they were selling for 30 bucks a pop. Will came out and was nice enough to sign and take pictures with people again then after a few minutes he left and he told one of the guys he took a pic with that Allison should be coming out in a few minutes. Well most of us waited and waited while several of the orchestra players left, several security people left for the night, the two opening act ladies came out and left. We stood for 1 1/2 hours and finally our patience was rewarded as Allison came through the door with Lisa. She was very kind sweet soft spoken and smaller and shorter than I imagined and very humble and very gracious with all the kind words we were showering her with. She signed a ton of stuff and chatted with people for a few minutes before disappearing into the night. I managed to get up enough nerve to ask her if I could take a picture and she kindly obliged my request. in the first pic you can see Lisa in the background sorry about the quality my hands were trembling like crazy. Also got a pic of Will when he came out after the show. 

Post edited by u41211 at 2013-09-11 23:56:05
  • I must say listening to Stranger and if it isn't Allison and Will saying its our turn to do a Bond theme I do not know what is.
  • ^ sounds like you had a great time!!!
  • That was a great read. The pics are ace too. Of course you enjoyed yourself.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • i recorded audio of the show. definitely not HQ, but sounds good. 

Thank you so much for posting,Now if I only could get the download to actually work I'd be in heaven, any advice would be appreciated ??? It downloaded, says it will open in iTunes, I click it does launch iTunes but no file ?

I am still speechless after the performance, it was everything I could have wanted. Well maybe Utopia as the closer but other than that just an amazing evening all around. Really looking forward to their return next year.
  • Whoops, mrledbetter I have sorted my issues, Thank you again !!
  • How safe is that site hosting the download? sorry to ask I just want to be cautious as mega upload seemed to be mega virus download

thanks in advance anyone
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-09-12 10:29:33
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!