Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Thea - the elusive
  • 72 Comments sorted by
  • The change of pace that Thea takes us on is a perfect interlude between the more introspective pieces, beautiful as they all are. That heathaze of sound throughout..............sigh.
    Post edited by Cervus at 2013-09-10 07:46:07
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • I must admit I was a bit worried about the idea of a change of pace in the middle of such a focussed album but it works, and works well. After a few listens it fits very naturally and becomes subsumed into the whole.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • be interesting to see if it appears in new york tonight
  • Thea had the most immediate impact on me. At the moment it is my fave track, but I know it won't stay that way. In a few months, or even a year later, it will be something else.
    I hope that you die in a decent pair of shoes
    You got a lot more walking to do where you're going to.
  • My favorite song on the album, and up there with my favorite Goldfrapp songs of all time.
    I listened to it on my friends big sound system and it is killer.
    I would die and go to heaven if they played it tonight at Beacon. 
  • Thea stands as my favorite track currently.

It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • I f ing love this track! I am not wrong. Except with directions. Have been known to be lost.
  • it's everyone's best track & i understand why ;)
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Such a masterpiece.
    Instantly became one of my all time favourites of the band.
    It has an indescribeable sound and atmosphere which isnpires me so much that I already had to get out of me so, here's my artwork for 'Thea', I hope you like it!

Post edited by Ereality at 2013-09-10 16:01:07
  • ^ pretty cool :)
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • After Manchester we wanted to know what Thea was like now TOU is out we know, now it's turn of Lee..... :-?
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Lee
    AND the elusive registered C-Tune which is not listed as being released anywhere but was recorded and registered at ASCAP after Lee in the tracklisting. C-Tune is the ultimate TOU mystery...
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • Stranger said:

Lee

AND the elusive registered C-Tune which is not listed as being released anywhere but was recorded and registered at ASCAP after Lee in the tracklisting. C-Tune is the ultimate TOU mystery...

Agreed. At least Lee is a name. How does C-Tune fit into the ToU era? What was it inspired by? What does it sound like?
    Question which we will probably never have answered.

• C-Tune? Perhaps, an embarrassing sojourn in the rap genre.
    If I were dead, could I do this?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!