Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Thea - the elusive
  • I'm intrigued by Thea.. it was absent from the MIF performances and I wonder why...

Has anyone heard it yet?

Thoughts?

(Of course when Tales Of Us is released we can rename this the Thea Appreciation thread!)
  • 72 Comments sorted by
  • Yes.
    It's the only upbeat song on the album. (Tempo wise it had the most BPM or is the most danceable so to say).
    It has a very raw stomping beat in the middle section. Soaring loud vocals in the chorus.
    There are also prominent synths in it. It's very Goldfrapp but the odd one out on the album, but not odd enough to not fit the narrative as a whole. It has it's proper place in the line up of songs. 
    The beat, at the end, ends with a marching-like sound. The middle also has a superb vocalscape by Alison overlapping her own vocals with extra reverbs and echoes that are epic.
    Thea is very radio friendly and very single friendly and very commercially friendly. It's powerful.

But it's a great song. It's very 7th Tree for me. I love the beat when it sets in fully in the second verse.
    It has a really good build up and flow towards a lower energy ending.

"It cuts like tiny knives. Rain beating down. Rain beating down."
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-07-22 04:53:22
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • What Stranger said.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Wow. That's a recommendation. Can't wait!

• I'm doing pretty well waiting for this album, but I think if Stranger did a description like that for every other track on the album I probably wouldn't make it to next week :P

• What would we do without the two of you...
    Seriously, reading a description of the songs is rather thrilling and builds up the excitement way more than just simply listening to the YT clips. :)
    Be patient.
  • Yes, thanks for the very detailed (& interesting) Thea comments, Stranger! :)
  • Intriguing.... Future single perhaps....?
  • LEts hope so! I need to hear this song ASAP! :P 

@Stranger Thank you for the description :D
    Post edited by kaleb20 at 2013-07-22 09:48:45
  • My....that was a very clear and wonderfully expressive description Stranger! Like the sound of that indeed!!!
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • I wish Mute would release iTunes previews so people could get a small taste you know?
    It's quite a good song. I hope they do it live during the rest of the tour.
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • Thea has a battle like energy for me.
    Don't pin me down on these lyrics because I'm not good at transcribing them and Alison has a way of singing them through her nose, but somewhere in there I SWEAR I hear her sing, "wanted you gone, wanted you dead"
  • I honestly was a bit disappointed when they didn't play it live.
    But the rest totally made up for it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Dreeke: do you hear the words 'wanted you gone wanted you dead' in one of the verses as well? Or is that just my twisted mind?
  • Stranger said:

Dreeke: do you hear the words 'wanted you gone wanted you dead' in one of the verses as well? Or is that just my twisted mind?

Sounds like 'wanted you dear'

• Hm. In that case I better call a therapist. My ears are a bit too Freudian for me LOL

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!