Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Thea - the elusive
  • 72 Comments sorted by
  • It's dark, sexy, it reminds me of Deep Honey. I'm thinking tika/lolli will adore.
  • Interesting how, if thea is the dancyist track on tou, A&W left it out of their recents sets, esp somerset.. already heard half the album thanks to the frappers who posted to utube, but this talk here makes me curious..
  • folklore said:

It's definitely a War song, the marching through what sounds like rain. The rain could just be my copy adding to the ambiance :p

Low said:

Am I going mad or are there horses at the end?

Sparky said:

Stranger said:

Sounds like 'wanted you dear'

have i missed something? where are you hearing thea?  :-?

It has leaked, Ping. This is like herding cats:

IT'S LEAKED, PEOPLE!

• Wanted you gone, wanted you there.
  • Sparky said:

folklore said:

It has leaked, Ping. This is like herding cats:

IT'S LEAKED, PEOPLE!

alrighty, its hard keeping up with some of these threads at the moment as they're moving fast and there's a lot of crap stuff thats of no interest to me me to read. some of these threads are like wading through tar! 
  • true, it gets crazy round album time and leak time is like full moon!!
  • Crazy indeed folkie. Pass me one of those orangina's luv
  • I got mine from Effy.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I think they left it off the live list because of the complexities reproducing Alison's vocal scapes and the fact that it is less orchestra dependant and requires a lot of synth/tech compared to the rest. Although they managed with Clay which also has synth in it. I dunno. I was as surprised it wasn't on the setlist as anybody else. It would have been a superb song to do live, to do the entire album as it is one big narrative.
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • Stranger said:

I think they left it off the live list because of the complexities reproducing Alison's vocal scapes and the fact that it is less orchestra dependant and requires a lot of synth/tech compared to the rest. Although they managed with Clay which also has synth in it. I dunno. I was as surprised it wasn't on the setlist as anybody else. It would have been a superb song to do live, to do the entire album as it is one big narrative.

OH my.. just heard thea.. indeed, i see why it was left out of the set, for the exact reasons you describe.. but that bass drop, last third... and alison's voice.. glides and soars like a banshee...

whole thing reminds me of Tim Hecker...

Bring on the horses.

Post edited by error60091 at 2013-07-25 03:43:10
  • Stranger said:

I wish Mute would release iTunes previews so people could get a small taste you know?

How about this paired with that to begin with.
    Post edited by HolyOwl at 2013-07-25 10:37:52
    Be patient.
  • They should have released digital previews THE DAY of the first show. To promote more ticket sales for the fall to ride the wave of youtube videos and fan photos that came. It's PR 1:1
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • Ditto.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • This song is such a surprise to me. It's AMAZING.
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...
  • Thea is my absolute fave on the album. ^:)^

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!