Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Tales Of Us - 6th album - 09/09/2013
  • 1197 Comments sorted by
  • HolyOwl said:

So is the CD coming in a slipcase?!?! :)

I think the UK is getting a digipack, stress think, somewheres getting a digipack anyway
  • HolyOwl said:

Thanks! Love me some surprising posters. Showing titties and balloons by any chance?

Sadly no. It's of an unseen image of Alison which I assume is taken from the cover shoot. But could it be a random draw of a few different posters?
    not much to say over at nowness.com

• Getting mine today squeeeeeeee!!!  

Thank god my sister works in the city centre and she is picking it up for me on her lunch break whoop!
  • With the album out on Spotify, out in retail everywhere: isn't it funny that those who ordered first will be getting it last?
    Wait.

No. No it is not.
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • Stranger said:

With the album out on Spotify, out in retail everywhere: isn't it funny that those who ordered first will be getting it last?

Wait.

No. No it is not.

I learned this the hard way on previous albums.  NO more ordering the likes of this online for me.

• A whole album of 24bit WAVS, on our work proxy server or my 4G data allowance?
    Lovely idea but it's a very strong no on both counts!
    My home unlimited fibre, however, shall be hammered with them as soon as they're up and ready :D

Fair enough... it will be a whole heap of bits, that's for sure.

Hmm, the downloadable files - for me - say "available", but there's no button to actually get them. Odd, no?
    Also, it looks like it allows you to get them 3 times...

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-09-06 06:56:20
  • Anyone ordered downloads from sandbag before? Why does it say "currently available"?? Arghhh
  • I'm sure mine didn't say "Available" when I looked previously - will be on that page as soon as I get home!!!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • When you click it, it just says "access denied". And each click counts as a download attempt, i had 5, now i have 3 because i tried clicking the link on the Sandbag site and in the email confirmation, so don't click it yet!
  • Good advice, ta!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Don't click what? You mean the link in the email? That decrements the download count??
  • The link in the email and on the order confirmation page (on your picture, you can click the "Tales of Us - 24bit WAV - PRE -ORDER - Tales of Us" phrase, it's a link to the download, clicking that or the link in the email confirmation decrements the count.
  • What Rewak says: it says available. You click. It's not there. Download count (starts with 5) decreases by one count...

Put your hands in the air for Sandbag people! (I hate to say I told you so but Sandbag should rename themselves to Sandbollocks).
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-09-06 07:54:07
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • Can somebody who bought the album today confirm that there is indeed still that annoying 2:14 PLONK in Clay on the actual cd release?! I hear it is?
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-09-06 08:35:12
  • What a whacky interface! Text that says "Tales Of Us - 24bit WAV - PRE-ORDER - Tales Of Us"... with the link hidden in the last portion only. And a false statement about it being "available". Sandbastards! :P

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!