Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Tales Of Us - 6th album - 09/09/2013
  • 1197 Comments sorted by
  • Jo_ey said:

AVOID SANDBAG IF POSSIBLE.

They are literally awful. They mess stuff up all the time and their customer service is shit.

Please do yourself a favor and avoid Sandbag at all costs.

true but they are where the store links to from the official website and the place to order the deluxe box which i did in june. I hope they dont fuck up. Look at what they did with iamamiwhoami: oh. my. god.
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • I'd rather it didn't happen (obviously) but I don't mind a delay from Sandbag - I'll have the cd from my vinyl which I'll buy locally on Monday, the WAV files to download from Sandbag on the day and the 'proper' cd can follow from them a few days later.

All in all, it'll be fine. Hell, it's been two years waiting so another day or so - pah! :D
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Argh, the iam situation again? Look, the album was pressed wrong, thats the manufacturer and/or labels fault, not Sandbags! They just send stuff, they don't make it.
  • i've ordered form here (goldfrapp store) sandbag because it's a 12 mile bus ride one way to the local music store & a £5 bus fair..... 24 mile round trip no thanks i'll be sick as a dog before done 1 mile so forget it.....
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Well i just hope Sainsburys are good at delivering pre-ordered cds on time. They should do because a friend says they put them out the night b4. Watch this i will get it a week later.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • rewak said:

Argh, the iam situation again? Look, the album was pressed wrong, thats the manufacturer and/or labels fault, not Sandbags! They just send stuff, they don't make it.

Ok? Their customer service is TERRIBLE though. It's like they don't answer half the inquiries they get!!!
  • TALES OF US
    ONLY 5 DAYS TO GO!!!!!
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • I'm starting to hyperventilate I'm so excited. I'm so happy I waited!!
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...
  • i keep forgetting, jozzy's countdown isn't accurate for north america... it's actually a day later. i have to remember not to get on here on the 9th since it'll be all full of people who've got it before me! the horror!
  • I'm from North America and I'm getting it the day before the UK gets it ;)

(I sound like Alan right now, I should stop bragging)
  • Alan who? 

• stevil said:

Alan who? 

I think he goes by wodny now.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Jo_ey said:

I'm from North America and I'm getting it the day before the UK gets it ;)

i saw you mention that earlier, may i ask why that is? are you somehow getting it from australia/NZ? i was under the impression they were getting it on the 6th...
  • ickygerm said:

Jo_ey said:

I'm from North America and I'm getting it the day before the UK gets it ;)

i saw you mention that earlier, may i ask why that is? are you somehow getting it from australia/NZ? i was under the impression they were getting it on the 6th...

No, I go to this market about a half hour from where I live. They have a record store in there and since they're only open on the weekends they sell albums a couple days before release (they're not supposed to but I use it to my full advantage). I go on Sundays to get albums released on Tuesdays.
  • So, Jo_ey, you're not waiting for the official release date after all?
    If I were dead, could I do this?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!