Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Hammersmith Apollo - 1st Nov 2013 - Who went ?
  • 281 Comments sorted by
  • Yep, I will be there! Am also hoping to go to the Ancienne Belgique as well.
  • Row c seat 5. Not too bad, still lonely seat.
  • the view from upper circle doesn't look to bad, never been before but strangely enough i have tickets for Billy Joel on the 5th November, rear stalls standing, according to the seating plan there is just 60 standing places each side ?
    Post edited by muz61 at 2013-07-28 16:00:14
  • Laura said:

It doesn't. I've been to stuff there before where there haven't been any seats in at all.

muz61, according to Laura (above), they can remove all the seats.. so that's maybe what they'll do 5th Nov?
  • Hi muz61 and welcome!  Yeah the 60 standing thing does seem bizzare!

There were definitely no seats when I saw the Stranglers there a couple of years ago, bloody brilliant moshpit tho!
    Post edited by tweety at 2013-07-28 16:02:33
    "its MY favourite song"
  • thathurt said:

Dunno how to get a press pass but it can't be hard. Well for normal bands lol. I dont think my camera or lens is good enough for gig photography. Someone told me at college shoot with an 85 lens and set camera to aperture priority if unsure. Ive not tested that advice yet. Think the person who told me that is a Tory.

Laura said:

It doesn't. I've been to stuff there before where there haven't been any seats in at all.

muz61, according to Laura (above), they can remove all the seats.. so that's maybe what they'll do 5th Nov?

havent got the tickets yet as they wont be sent out until 7 days before the gig, but it does say "rear stalls standing" on the ticket confirmation, 
  • Laura said:

The only people I met up with that night were Sally and.. Wait, no I think that was it... I was with my Jess at the time, so we kinda just did the whole thing amongst ourselves! God, I now feel reaally dreadful as I can't remember much of it at all?! (same as Brighton 2010 unfortunately)

PUT DOWN THE CIDER.

There were a few others there but don't feel bad, I completely forgot I ever went to this gig until about a week ago when I was thinking 'I know I've been to Hammersmith a couple of times but have no idea who I've seen there'.  

Anyway, thanks to having Rob's spare tickets i'll be there! :) 
  • Hello there, does anyone happen to have spare standing tickets?
    Thanks!
    Annie
    I want to swim your silk black skin to the floor
    On lava moons
    A song of hooves playing loud
  • Wish i was going. I fear the one concert i went will end up the only one that i EVER saw.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • tweety said:

Laura said:

The only people I met up with that night were Sally and.. Wait, no I think that was it... I was with my Jess at the time, so we kinda just did the whole thing amongst ourselves! God, I now feel reaally dreadful as I can't remember much of it at all?! (same as Brighton 2010 unfortunately)

PUT DOWN THE CIDER.

I distinctly remember seeing you there! I think you were quite drunk! I was with the now ex Mrs Tweety and I think Wild Corgi was there too.  

Yeah I was. Mind, I wasn't dressed as a Clanger, I could have blended in with the crowd.

The seats at the Apollo had been taken out for that gig
  • My friend and I have tickets for the stalls -- seats H 40 & 41.
  • Hi Pet,

Are they spare?
    I want to swim your silk black skin to the floor
    On lava moons
    A song of hooves playing loud
  • acasu87 said:

Hi Pet,

Are they spare?

No, they're not spare... unless something unforeseen is going to prevent me from going.
  • the Hammersmith apollo is now called the "Eventim Apollo" recent £5m refit, some pics in the gallery at the bottom, they open in a large window but there is several pictures if you can find the "next' arrow, 
  • It looks nice enough. Last time I went there to see PSBs it took me days to get home. I don't heart you west London. Still row C :D
    Post edited by thathurt at 2013-09-15 04:43:44

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!