Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
TOU Press Reviews
  • 159 Comments sorted by
  • New bands will always sound fresh and new because no one knows their history. They will always have that advantage where older bands don't and reviewers will have pre-conceived ideas what they are about.

What a cracking point, well made.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Well, uhm, a lot of new/fresh bands are always blamed to be copycats or not having 'matured' enough to have found 'their own sound'. See, fhere's always some easy way to crtitisize bands.

Good journalists will look beyond these easy targets.
    Judge new bands for their wide eyed newness, and old ones because of their progress/strengths.
    Hope this makes sense.
    Post edited by Dreeke at 2013-08-29 19:13:40
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Thanks for the link to  Polari Magazine. I literally can not stop playing Clay, what a track!

It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Look forward to reading Pitchfork's review. ;))
  • I HATE PITCHFORK SOMETIMES
  • Clay is gorgeous.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • You tease!!!!
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • It's right there on the site listed above.

And it is heart-wrenchingly beautiful. Just you wait. Or...
  • Oh dear no...that was a mistake....my eyes are leaking big time...it is a good job I don't have to speak...I only saw dREW on the other post below it.
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • It would hardly be a sin.
  • What would?
  • What you apparently have already done.
  • Three times now....still streaming. 'Our shadows re-frame memories'
    Post edited by Cervus at 2013-08-30 02:25:19
  • oops! SPOILER
    Post edited by iuventus at 2013-08-30 02:32:13
  • ((Sorry)) and there was me thinking that Drew hit me hard.
    Post edited by Cervus at 2013-08-30 02:48:18

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!