Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 566 Comments sorted by
  • The song is now up on the official Mute Records SoundCloud page.

I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...
  • Just don't know why, now that nearly every relevant mag and blog have written about it. Anyway, soundcloud. whoop!
    Be patient.
  • Stupid question : is Drew a boy or a girl ?
  • Vesper said:

Stupid question : is Drew a boy or a girl ?

I instantly assumed girl as my mind associated the name with Drew Barrymore.  However, I shouldn't have assumed and am now as eager as you to find out.
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • A bit of trivia here - the birdsong at the start and end are Chaffinches and Great Tits. Typical British woodland sound around late April/May, before the summer warblers arrive.
    Post edited by whisperit at 2013-08-17 11:44:33
  • ^ Reading Great Tits made me snigger, silly American. It is a neat bit of trivia. I wonder if Will or Alison recorded it themselves.
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2013-08-17 13:24:26
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • A_is_A said:

^ Reading Great Tits made me snigger, silly American. It is a neat bit of trivia. I wonder if Will or Alison recorded it themselves.

If you ever go to London then check out "Coco de Mer" (Monmoth St, Covent Garden) they have some great tit mugs  :)
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • one tries to raise the tone in this place.....*sigh*
  • Drew promotion cd on E-Bay up in 8 hours from now. I think i will put a bid in late on. They should not be on sale although having said that even normal cds should not either if you look at the copyright rules. The Satin one is nearly up too. That one is quite rare. I took a long time to get hold of that and the pilot cds.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Hmmmm....what just happened??!!
    ;))
  • How is it possible that Drew,to this time,has only over 170K views?Don't even get me started about silly things that have views in millions.Since when appreciation for beauty and good taste(ok,disbutable matter but still...) became so niche?

Beautiful song,flowering brilliantly and incredible,gentle video with strong imagery.

I don't intend to sound malcontent but I just don't get it...

Post edited by Jules at 2013-08-18 20:14:15
  • lowest common denominator
  • Jules said:

Since when has appreciation for beauty and good taste...become so exclusive?

Since the beginning of time, I would suppose. Do you remember it ever being different?

In fact, it's only recently started becoming somewhat hip to [pretend to] like things that mimic true beauty and taste.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2013-08-18 22:38:48
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • You're right Iuventus,I was frustrated I suppose.Thanks for reality check;-D

But I'm still naive enough to believe that people aren't completely consumed with dirty,oily "sexy"stuff.

The success of something as disgusting,inhuman and unnecessary as 'Human Centipede"(I strongly DO NOT recommend) is damaging that innocence though,haha;-D

• Does anyone have any idea if Drew will have an official cd/vinyl release? :(

I want something like the Seventh Tree singles collection boxes to make a return!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!