Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 566 Comments sorted by
  • haha i knew it couldn't just be me and you.
  • OUT NEXT MONDAY :-O
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • I don't think this has been spotted yet (it's a busy board!) but there's a comment about the technical side of the Drew video from Brian Strange on Vimeo in reply to a comment about the style of the video.

Music Video for Goldfrapp's "Drew"

Arri Alexa/Red Epic Cooke S4 prime lenses

Very early on in preproduction we decided to go for a black and white dreamy and ethereal look. It was achieved with some heavy Schneider Classical soft filters and a bit of deliberate overexposure and soft lighting to give it that white beauty look. We added a bit of milkiness in post to further push the look towards a French 1920's feel

Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2013-08-30 18:34:24
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Thank you!!
    I always love me some camera nerd talk.
    Be patient.
  • HolyOwl said:

Thank you!!
    I always love me some camera nerd talk.

I notice it's a Red Epic - I wonder if it was shot in the full 5K?

Mmmmmmm, Goldfrapp in IMAX-ready resolution! @-)
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Drew is now 194 on UK Airplay. That's good. ♥ 
  • jozzy81 said:

OUT NEXT MONDAY :-O

Maybe, maybe not, they've said they're not doing a proper single push for this album so we might not get a release, and if we do it might be nothing more than a 1 track download.

And Latrice should have been in the top 3, Phi Phi O'Puke shouldn't have made it anywhere near as far as she did. I need to watch the latest season, i completely missed all of it.
  • I'm confused...I've seen that Mute or Alison (cant remember which one it was) said no typical single releases for this album but I've also seen next weeks date in numerous places for Drew's single release. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

hunter

Oh Latrice, what a shame that Phi Phi and Chad Michaels made it past her. Although for the first time in that shows history I agreed with the winner. Sharon Needles is awesome!
  • jozzy81 said:

And Latrice should have been in the top 3, Phi Phi O'Puke shouldn't have made it anywhere near as far as she did. I need to watch the latest season, i completely missed all of it.

THANK YOU. ^:)^

hunter said:

Oh Latrice, what a shame that Phi Phi and Chad Michaels made it past her. Although for the first time in that shows history I agreed with the winner. Sharon Needles is awesome!

I loved Chad but Phi Phi was just a two-faced nasty bitch.

And I was rooting for Sharon the entire time, she truly deserved to win. (Although my Dad thought otherwise, he was rooting for Chad. But we watched All Stars together and Chad won so he was happy.) ;)

Guys I just have so many emotions right now, talking about Drag Race on the Goldfrapp forum has never made me feel closer with you guys and at home.

Love you guys 
    :x
    Post edited by Jo_ey at 2013-08-31 23:16:13
  • It's the 2nd and there's no release, so there you go, sigh of relief for me frankly after dropping so much on the deluxe set.

"someone got a bit muddled with the info. 'Drew' isn't out today, it's out on the album, which is released next Monday. Xx"

From the lady herself, no single.
    Post edited by rewak at 2013-09-02 06:03:52
  • There is no release. Just promos. Drew a week earlier would have been smart for iTunes: pre-order now and download Drew in advance, like Gaga did with Applause which is the album pre-order track. Order it: download the track, and the rest when the album comes.

I mean goodness! With TWO videos out and Drew promos out I don't see why they are not doing something remotely like that to push the release. They are missing SO many opportunities and SO much momentum to link material directly to pre-orders/sales the way they've been doing it since it was announced. Drew should have been out the second they released the video and pressed the promos. At the same time they should have launched pre-order now and download Drew, something they could have pushed in the App that followed etc. and then Annabel a week before release? If there is nothing but a dry release next week, Annabel should have been released on the day of release to push the availability of the album at that date.

Marketing. Is anybody listening?!

Drew not out. Monday it is then.
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-09-02 21:34:46
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • ^ I don't suppose you read Alison's vision for the album and how she wanted the album to be the important thing. Who gives a fuck about marketing? Let them do what they wanna do.
  • Jo_ey, everybody and his left armpit thinks he can do better than the next. Don't waste your breath; rather, let them show us just how smart they are.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • oh iuventus.
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!