Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Tales Of Us - 6th album - 09/09/2013
  • 1197 Comments sorted by
  • Yeah I thought most of the reviews I've read have been pretty positive. In fact the only negative one I can think of was that 'round table' one. But hey, you can't please all the people all the time!
  • Looking like cw36frapp taking over my job. LOL
    anyways....
    TALES OF US
    ONLY 25 DAYS TO GO FRAPP-NATION!!!!! :)
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • ping said:

Seems like a good review to me. You lot are so precious. I don't know why everyone gets so touchy about the slightest negativity in a review. Most of my all time favourite albums don't get perfect reviews. Music is not like Physics, there is exact wrong or right it's pretty subjective. Intact I always get suspicious when everyone loves an album completely first time.

I know what you mean - sometimes a very positive one that also picks out the odd thing to be aware of is of more value than one that just raves that something is BRILLIAAAAAAANT all through.

We all know through experience that the best albums can take a good while to really pay off so any review done over a couple of listens should, for a geneuinely great album, have the odd doubt here or there. These might be resolved over time as things sink in, of course, but it's good to see them at least mentioned from those couple of review spins all the same.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • FRAPP-NATION
    TALES OF US
    ONLY 24 DAYS TO GO!!!!!
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • isobel said:

isobel said:

I've watched the "Drew" clip many times and at the same point I always burst into tears.

Just out of curiosity, I'd love to know at which point?

About 20 seconds...it's connected with the man who pilots the plane...but also the strings when the plane is flying towards the mansion...very much end of the world stuff...

This is my very last post on this forum. I am so overwhelmed with sharing stuff with people about music that means so much to me who I don't know or connect to...I really look forward to the new album and I will share my thoughts and impressions about it with 2 or 3 people face to face over a good coffee or a good wine...life it is too short to spend time exchanging  words online  that are devoid of meaning and are often full of %^&#$$.
    See you later and have a good life...
    ISOBEL
  • Just 24 days?

Wow - we're really getting into ground-rush mode now, aren't we!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • I hope after the release the deluxe boxset updates kick in, i wasn't expecting anything until they emailed everyone saying "we'll send you updates over the next few months" :-?
  • Just 24 days?

Wow - we're really getting into ground-rush mode now, aren't we!

I'm totally fucking bored now. 

By the time my boxset gets here I'll have forgotten this album exists.
  • There's an idea. Tell NOONE about new material. Let everyone think they're in that intermediate period of jamming and formulating and idea and then BAM hey guys new album is ready, here's the MP3 and CD link.

No waiting, nowt.

WAIT.

Trent Reznor did that. The adorable scamp.
  • FRAPP-NATION :D
    TALES OF US
    ONLY 23 DAYS TO GO!!!!!
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Someone on Tumblr made this, I really like it!
  • Hmmmm, makes me think that pretty nice things could be done with Dave's photo.
  • ... I don't know why everyone gets so touchy about the slightest negativity in a review. Most of my all time favourite albums don't get perfect reviews. Music is not like Physics, there is exact wrong or right it's pretty subjective. Intact I always get suspicious when everyone loves an album completely first time.

Hmm - remember the later Oasis albums getting 5 stars just about everywhere? just like those Radiohead albums that sounded like bad Henry Cow albums?  Wonder what the reviewers thought when they calmed down again: is there reviewers' remorse, like buyers' remorse?

A bit like The Carpathian, I'm wary of very positive early reviews - it can take time for the good parts to come through in any record. Or book. Likewise it can take time for the flaws to come through, and to assess the ratio of flaws : good bits.

And then to work out if I like it or not, cos there are records in my collection that are deeply flawed, but which I love; and others that are far, far, better which I really dislike.

It's not long now but I must, must try not to play the record to death when I get it.
    Post edited by wild_corgi at 2013-08-17 10:10:05
  • FRAPP-NATION
    TALES OF US
    IS NOW ONLY
    22 DAYS TO GO!!!!!
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • I will play mine more than once a day probably for a good 2 weeks when i get it. Then i will play it equally with the rest of my Frapp collection.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!