Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Tales Of Us - 6th album - 09/09/2013
  • 1197 Comments sorted by
  • i think she used to be a bit 'funny' about the frapp, though she's seems to have mellowed in recent years. i shall use listen again so i dont have to listen to the rest
  • wasn't it some crap about their bodies? pointing out their cellulite or something. rude tbh
  • Yes it was exactly that ickygerm.
  • Re: Jo Whiley - We got a brief meaning of the Drew video from Alison ( memory,past lives) and info on the 'film'. It'll be 5 short films or five of the songs off the album, the whole piece lasting 30 minutes, in cinema's in Sept. It'll be amazing to see them on the big screen. 
  • FORGET THE LEAK!!!!!

TALES OF US

OFFICALLY 40 DAYS TO GO!!!!!
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Radio edit CD of Drew just plopped through the mail slot! Sounds divine compared to the video version. Close to the first chorus there are little sections tweaked around with (if anyone remembers the differences between the video and cd version of Yellow Halo, you'll know what I mean.) and it also fades out at the end when she goes into high-note mumbletone, but it sounds crisper and more "proper" in my opinion! 
  • nice! :D
    "its MY favourite song"
  • I gotta say, I'm kinda appreciating all of this waiting for this album.  I feel like I am going to savour it so much more because of it.  Maybe it comes from being old and finding very few artists that amaze me, anymore.

I am also becoming more and more convinced, as I allow myself a smitten of listening and viewing here and there (not even whole songs, since youtube is NOT the environment I want for savour), that the true Goldfrapp is just beginning to emerge on this album.  In the past, like anyone, there were some gimmicks used to capture attention (thank god it was nothing on the order of Lady Gaga - that's one weird chick!  She may be good, for all I know, but it's unlikely I'll ever listen to enough to find out), but, I believe, the gimmicks have all fallen by the wayside as our lovely duo find their way and their footing.  You have no idea how good that makes me feel because, about a decade from now, when I might actually be able to get to England for an album release, it's going to be transcendental.  Geez, maybe they will save the world.... :)
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-08-02 09:06:23
  •   Geez, maybe they will save the world.... :)

They will....I'm a believer too. Some nice thoughts there & nicely put. I'm liking this slow build up to  the album release too. I'm going to savour it like no other album, over and over. 
  • Yah, going crazy is a good thing!  ;)
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-08-02 15:13:07
  • TALES OF US

JUST 38 DAYS TO GO!!!!!
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • TALES OF US

JUST 37 DAYS TO GO!!!!! ;)
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • One month and one week then (approx) ;)
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • It`s August o`clock and I would say happiness is on its way , but I`d then have to punch myself in the mouth 
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Still holding strong on resisting the leak! Next month will be here soon! :)
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!