Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 4411 Comments sorted by
  • Carpathian you are posting so much of this Moonwiring Club I feel compelled to check them out at the nearest opportunity ;)

Edit- It's not a band you are in by any chance is it? ;)

Ha ha - no, nothing so crass!

I just discovered them by accident and have been absolutely captivated by the odd sound-world they exist in. It's a weird mix of downtempo, electronics, spoken samples, treated effects and the like, It's all just a bit off-kilter but not in a silly way. Songs about cake feel eerie and lines about 'being given blackberries' seem more a punishment than a treat! All the artwork, website and even magazine site mixes are all very much in character too which adds to it all.

Try some freebies over at The Blank Workshop or a pile of vids on Youtube like "Spellcasting Summat" from the excellent 'Clutch It Like A Gonk' album.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Carpathian you are posting so much of this Moonwiring Club I feel compelled to check them out at the nearest opportunity ;)

Edit- It's not a band you are in by any chance is it? ;)

Ha ha - no, nothing so crass!

I just discovered them by accident and have been absolutely captivated by the odd sound-world they exist in. It's a weird mix of downtempo, electronics, spoken samples, treated effects and the like, It's all just a bit off-kilter but not in a silly way. Songs about cake feel eerie and lines about 'being given blackberries' seem more a punishment than a treat! All the artwork, website and even magazine site mixes are all very much in character too which adds to it all.

Try some freebies over at The Blank Workshop or a pile of vids on Youtube like "Spellcasting Summat" from the excellent 'Clutch It Like A Gonk' album.

So you are in band like Crass eh, I jest Sir ;)

Thanks for the heads up, I'll be sure to check out as soon as the opportunity presents itself. I see there is where do you go for new music thread, and I should really say here is a good place to go for new music. I've got some good recommendations from posts here, love Emika now, that was the result of one of your posts, so really this is a great source of new musical discoveries. I picked up a CD of Marina and The Diamonds recently, and LOVE it surprisingly wasn't expecting to so much, and for sure I have read folks here digging that band and can see why.

cheers :)
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-08-12 14:01:25
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline

• Thanks for the heads up, I'll be sure to check out as soon as the opportunity presents itself.

Let me know what you think.

The fifth track in the freebies is a sinister beat-fest about teacakes. I think that says it all!
  • Are you from Sweden then?

Just watched the video - you had a good position near to the stage!  :)

Yes.

I made it to front row for a while during First Aid Kit :) .... before a food brake.
  • Bjork - Virus
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Loving the Moon wiring club artwork.
  • The BBC Proms, the stranglers just did a killer version of No More Heroes, a song I will never tire of
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • it was rather good wasnt it, but that ionisaiton for 13 percussionists was well trippy!
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Yeah, I loved the take on it, not the first time the stranglers played with an orchestra but I always manage not to see the, , hope they do something epic for their 40th birthday eh ;)
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • thathurt said:

Loving the Moon wiring club artwork.

That was the initial reason I was curious and checked them out:-

How could I not wonder what it was!
  • I will check Moon Wiring Club tomorrow hopefully, the BBC 6 Prom is keeping me otherwise engaged. I would have thought some of you on the classical thread would be into it, this should be right up your street, be sure to check on listen again. it's a belter of a performance by all concerned, some really interesting music to say the least.
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • gst said:

I made it to front row for a while during First Aid Kit :) .... before a food brake.

I hope that the food was worth it.  :)
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • In response to @Cervus's Bjork clip.  I knew that I had heard the tune somewhere before.  I bought my first proper surround sound system when this DVD was released.....

Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • Slippage said:

Lady Gaga. Applause. OUT TODAY.

It's actually quite an amazing song, they took alot of time working on this and crafting the style, the rich rich basslines and raw vocals (which are quite good to be honest, Gaga can actually sing well). It's sure alot better than Katy Perry's "Roar" (I don't hate it, but something about that song seems so generic and half-baked).

She's trying to be a little different which isn't a bad thing. I don't hate, I only love, and I LOVE this awesome new single. It comes out on iTunes today (she's releasing it early because it leaked). Twitter is EXPLODNG.

Mmm , just listened to this (as she`s "using" dance lands people , notably Zedd to create a Madonnaesque "todays latest trend" of a contemporary backdrop for her "work" ) , she can sing but the parts where sings like she`s Liza `Fucking` Minelli gives me so much pain it feels like a cheese grater has shoved down my pants . The music itself sounds good (a bit like Mau5) but Gagas wanting to sing like shes warbilising to a Bierkeller full of German soldiers gets on my tits . And the lyrics are cringeworthy . 

I love dance music - not your David Guetta shit or the aural crap that acts are churning out for the Lowest Common Denominator types attending festivals , dance music that evolves and uses different paths to tread , time will tell if she`s used the path well trodden or picked a new one for all the album , this single will be loved by her fans I suppose but not me sorry .

Post edited by Sartori at 2013-08-12 21:14:20
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • I seem to need to watch this at least once a day.......I find it wonderful the control that she has...it is just effortless.

'' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!