Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Goldfrapp Collections (you know you have them ;) )
  • 162 Comments sorted by
  • Well i'm hoping the deluxe box won't be sealed with anything, just a lift-off lid. If it's sealed with cellophane i will take the wrapper off but if there's a sticker on the cellophane i'll cut around the sticker or if possible peel it off and stick it inside the box somewhere. That's my level of OCD, i don't mind taking the cellophane wrapper off but i won't throw away any stickers that are on them [-X

By the way for people who are after if there's a Wolf Lady on eBay right now
    Post edited by rewak at 2013-08-02 19:10:44
  • rewak said:

if there's a sticker on the cellophane i'll cut around the sticker or if possible peel it off and stick it inside the box somewhere. That's my level of OCD,

Were we separated at birth?   :))
    Post edited by mode_devotion at 2013-08-02 19:11:55
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • Finally.... Someone else who keeps the stickers on albums.....

• chokka said:

Finally.... Someone else who keeps the stickers on albums.....

People who don't do that are just plain wrong.   ;)  :P
  • i also keep the stickers :D
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • *high five*    :-bd
  • cyber-space high five completed... :D
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • I used to keep them when I was a teenager. I don't now, but I'm just fine.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • controversial   ;)
  • Well the sticker is part of the purchase so why throw it??

controversial   ;)

• Just went through folders and folders of old pictures and found these pics that I took about 3 years ago, my then-Goldfrapp-collection, before the horrendous incident with my mother and when every precious music item I owned basically got stolen. Rare CDs and records, collecting for years, some signed specifically for me with my name on it and everything, spending all of my money quite a few times on these things... just for them to be ripped out of my hands by a woman that haunts me to this day.

I remember when I won that contest on Facebook in which I won a Seventh Tree Special Edition slipcase signed by Alison and Will. That was such a happy day. It pains me not to be able to look at it from time to time and truly appreciate it.

Ok, sorry for the depressing back-story, here are the pics -
    Post edited by Jo_ey at 2013-08-05 00:47:52
  • Jo_ey said:

Just went through folders and folders of old pictures and found these pics that I took about 3 years ago, my then-Goldfrapp-collection, before the horrendous incident with my mother and when every precious music item I owned basically got stolen. Rare CDs and records, collecting for years, some signed specifically for me with my name on it and everything, spending all of my money quite a few times on these things... just for them to be ripped out of my hands by a woman that haunts me to this day.

I remember when I won that contest on Facebook in which I won a Seventh Tree Special Edition slipcase signed by Alison and Will. That was such a happy day. It pains me not to be able to look at it from time to time and truly appreciate it.

Ok, sorry for the depressing back-story, here are the pics -

woah, that really sucks. seriously. what a shitty thing. i know ive been pretty horrible to you but id never wish anything like that on anyone. do you have any of your collection at all now?
  • Jo_ey said:

woah, that really sucks. seriously. what a shitty thing. i know ive been pretty horrible to you but id never wish anything like that on anyone. do you have any of your collection at all now?

You have been?? I don't think so? If you were I think I'd remember it?

Nope, none of it. The only thing in that collection I had again was the Head First vinyl because I bought another (because it was on sale at a store).
  • I shed a tear for the Seventh Tree Vinyl alone. My god that's a rarity of it's own, unless you want to pay over 100 on Ebay. And the Felt Mountain Vinyls... god. I know what it's like trying to find these. Took me years to track down the damn Human Vinyl. I'm sorry for your loss. I feel for you.

If you've ordered that deluxe box of TOU I can only hope it stays safe and inspires you to collect again :)
    Post edited by Slippage at 2013-08-06 12:18:55
  • Slippage said:

If you've ordered that deluxe box of TOU I can only hope it stays safe and inspires you to collect again :)

Why yes I have :) I don't think I'd ever spend that much money collecting them again. They were fairly cheap when I bought them years back, but they are really expensive and hard to find these days! Plus I bought them mostly to own the material, which I still have.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!