Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Alison's Theramin
  • She once called it "My lovely d**k!" however Alison's Theremin doesn't seem to have made an appearance recently (unless I was oblivious to it - highly likely).  Should we launch a worldwide search for it?
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-07-28 18:08:39
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • 61 Comments sorted by
  • Alison probably banished it for being too temperamental. A pity. I was watching 'Wonderful Electric' last night and Alison manipulated to great effect. I had to go and have a cold shower afterwards. :)
  • I've lost count at the amount of Alison "cold shower" moments.  Her surrounded by dancers performing "Ride A White Horse' springs to mind.  I used to adore those dancers!

On a more serious note, one of the things that appealed to me about Goldfrapp in the early days was the sound processing and electronics.  The use of filters during Lovely Head, synth knob twiddling on Little Death and the theremin on Yes Sir.  I hope it becomes more prominent again in the future.
    Post edited by mode_devotion at 2013-07-28 17:48:05
  • I still have the old Q magazine with the interview with her which has the small photo of her "using" the theremin.
    It was round about the time when I really "got" into Goldfrapp and was quite shocked and still am today 
    :O

• @Bells do you think that Alison has stopped using it because people find it offensive?
  • @Bells do you think that Alison has stopped using it because people find it offensive?

Or it was inserted too far and departed FOR REALMS UNKNOWN.

And with every step she takes from now on there's a little squak.

• =))

Maybe she stopped it for more personal reasons such as her Mum not being too impressed.
    Either that or the battery was getting a bit flat with overuse ;)
  • You can tell its past the watershed can't you. 
    :P
  • Bells said:

Maybe she stopped it for more personal reasons such as her Mum not being too impressed.

Her Mum surely can't make it to every gig?  :)
  • I remember been down the front at a gig on the black cherry tour and Ms G started playing her theremin with her *cough* lady parts *cough* and I was nearly crushed to death by the surge of people behind trying to get a better look. It did cause quite a bit of... Attention.
  • Black Cherry was my first tour and I think the outwardly sexual behaviour helped to brainwash me.  An appreciation of all the music came afterwards. :D
  • ping said:

I remember been down the front at a gig on the black cherry tour and Ms G started playing her theremin with her *cough* lady parts *cough* and I was nearly crushed to death by the surge of people behind trying to get a better look. It did cause quite a bit of... Attention.

And yet you play a piano with your penis and it's public disturbance. 

• =))
  • Bells said:

Her Mum surely can't make it to every gig?  :)

Her Mum sadly passed away last year or was it year before??

• Kiyuri said:

And yet you play a piano with your penis and it's public disturbance. 

That was you!?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!