Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Seventh Tree.... best to worst
  • 90 Comments sorted by
  • Alan said:

Sparky said:

Alan said:

I know you'd probably hate it, but I kinda dig Ed Rhone's remix of 'Clowns'. It's unofficial.

Yes, I rated that on YouTube a while back. I like what he does with the vocals.

He did an excellent job. 'Clowns' is considered an 'unremixable' song by many. Well, he proved them wrong. Notice that he didn't turn it into a disco dance clash. He still remained within the realms of Seventh Tree atmosphere, ambience, so to speak.

For me there are no remixable songs. You'd think Lovely Head falls into the same category and both remixes/reworkings by Goldfrapp are excellent and blew me away when I first listened to them. I think we agree a song like Clowns doesn't make it easy to do an alternative version. Have to listen to this Clowns remix right away.
  • Komet_16 said:

Alan said:

Sparky said:

Alan said:

I know you'd probably hate it, but I kinda dig Ed Rhone's remix of 'Clowns'. It's unofficial.

Yes, I rated that on YouTube a while back. I like what he does with the vocals.

He did an excellent job. 'Clowns' is considered an 'unremixable' song by many. Well, he proved them wrong. Notice that he didn't turn it into a disco dance clash. He still remained within the realms of Seventh Tree atmosphere, ambience, so to speak.

For me there are no remixable songs. You'd think Lovely Head falls into the same category and both remixes/reworkings by Goldfrapp are excellent and blew me away when I first listened to them. I think we agree a song like Clowns doesn't make it easy to do an alternative version. Have to listen to this Clowns remix right away.

Have to say though, don't have your hopes up. Ed Rhone's remix of 'Clowns' is certainly nowhere near the Miss World and Stare Mesto wonder. ;)
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • I listened to it and you're right. It's not as magic as the LH reworkings (can't call them remixes because there seem to be additional vocals) but it's nice. I wouldn't have minded something like this on a single.

As much as I love b-sides, especially the Goldfrapp ones, I don't think we'll be treated with one (I'd be quite happy if we get a cover). This albums seems to have a much more completed concept compared to the other albums. There seems to be a story behind it while the others were more about a general feeling or vibe. At least this is my impression. There might be unfinished songs but like always we don't get to hear them. Hopefully I'm wrong and we get a single with a decent b-side.

Post edited by Komet_16 at 2013-06-16 08:50:23
  • Every era had at least one b-side. I'm sure Tales of Us will be no exception. :)
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • 1. Road to Somewhere
    2. Eat Yourself
    3. Monster Love
    4. Some People
    5. A&E
    6. Caravan Girl
    7. Cologne Cerrone Houdini
    8. Happiness
    9. Clowns
    10. Little Bird
  • 1.Little Bird
    2. Clowns
    3. Eat Yourself
    4. Road To Somewhere
    5.Cologne Cerrrone Houdini
    6.A&E
    7. Happiness
    8.Some People
    9.Caravan Girl
    10. Monster Love

• 1 A&E
    2 Little Bird
    3 Clowns
    4 Happiness
    5 Monster To Love
    6 Cologne Cerrone Houdini
    7 Caravan Girl
    8 Some People
    9 Road To Somewhere
    10 Eat Yourself

A&E holds a very special place in my heart...
  • 1. Happiness
    2. A&E
    3. Some People
    4. Road to Somewhere
    5. Cologne Cerrone Houdini
    6. Eat Yourself
    7. Little Bird
    8. Caravan Girl
    9. Clowns
    10. Monster Love
  • 01. Clowns
    02. Road to Somewhere
    03. Eat Yourself
    04. Cologne Cerrone Houdini
    05. A&E
    06. Caravan Girl
    07. Little Bird
    08. Happiness
    09. Monster Love
    10. Some People
  • 1. CARAVAN GIRL
    2. LITTLE BIRD
    3. A&E
    4. MONSTER LOVE
    5. SOME PEOPLE
    6. COLOGNE CERRONE HOUDINI
    7. EAT YOURSELF
    8. ROAD TO SOMEWHERE
    9. HAPPINESS
    10. CLOWNS
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • "All worst" except for Clowns and A&E.  Only joking.... "All worst" except for Clowns, A&E and the improved "live" version of Little Bird.  ;)

As you can tell this was a dark/disappointing time for me, after the wonder that was Supernature.  I quite like the video to Caravan Girl (if you turn the sound down).  Well, its just too much like the theme tune to Jim'll Fix It (and thats not a good thing to be reminded of nowadays).

Okay, here are the votes from the *insert Eurovision country name here* jury:

1) Clowns
    2) A&E
    3) Road to Somewhere
    4) Little Bird (but only if I can have the live version.  Otherwise it gets relegated to above Happiness)
    5) Some People
    6) Monster Love
    7) Eat Yourself (but preferably only the 2nd half)
    8) Caravan Girl
    9) Happiness
    10) Cologne Cerrone Houdini

Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • 1 cologne cerrone houdini
    2 road to somewhere
    3 eat yourself
    4 happiness
    5 some people
    6 clowns
    7 A&E
    8 monster love
    9 little bird
    10 caravan girl
  • Monster Love (a 3 way tie w/ Paper Bag and Deer Stop as fave Goldfrapp song EVER!)
    Clowns
    A&E
    Some People
    Road To Somewhere
    Little Bird
    Eat Yourself
    Cologne Cerrone Houdini
    Caravan Girl
    Happiness

But to be honest the whole album is sublime. Not a weak track on it, in my opinion.
    Post edited by hunter at 2014-04-15 18:07:34
  • 01. Eat Yourself
    02. Clowns
    03. Little Bird
    04. Road to Somewhere
    05. Cologne Cerrone Houdini
    06. A&E
    07. Monster Love
    08. Caravan Girl
    09. Some People
    10. Happiness
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...
  • Along with SN their best album so choosing the best is difficult, but here goes:

01. Clowns
    02. Road to Somewhere
    03. A&E
    04. Cologne Cerrone Houdini
    05. Monster Love
    06. Little Bird (but it's best live)
    07. Eat Yourself
    08. Some People
    09. Caravan Girl
    10. Happiness

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!