4/ Clowns
    5/ Eat Yourself
    6/ a=e
    7/ Some People
    8/ Happiness
    9/ Cologne cerrone Houdini
    10/ Road to Somewhere
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • I like the whole album, not least the often reviled Caravan Girl.  I really couldn't place the tracks in order of preference.  On the whole, the song I've enjoyed most in recent times is Little Bird.
  • 1. Clowns [10/10]
    2. A&E [10/10]
    3. Cologne Cerrrone Houdini [10/10]
    4. Eat Yourself [9/10]
    5. Little Bird
    [9/10]
    6. Caravan Girl [9/10]
    7. Monster Love [8/10]
    8. Road To Somewhere [8/10]
    9. Some People [8/10]
    10. Happiness [3/10]

Seventh Tree was kind of the follow-up to Felt Mountain I wanted, or at least pretty close.  It would have been near perfect if it weren't for Happiness.  I even love the Caravan Girl, and I still don't know why people dislike it. 
    I hope that you die in a decent pair of shoes
    You got a lot more walking to do where you're going to.
  • What's wrong with Happiness? l love that song
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline

It's a bit Jim'll FIx It?  baa baa baa, baa baa baa  :)
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • Caravan girl = brilliant :)
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • jozzy81 said:

Caravan girl = brilliant :)

Well, the video is.  Who "is" that skateboarding girl?!
  • ^ I don't know m_d
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....

I find it (particularly the music) cloyingly sweet and corny. You know when you've had too much sweet stuff and you begin to feel ill as a result? Well listening to Happiness gives me that sensation when I hear it. It starts of sweet, but then just gets excessively sweet. It really doesn't fit on the album for me.

Oh and I really love Caravan Girl. I'm not too fussed about the video, but then I don't pay too much atention to videos. I like to create my own musical images/landscapes of songs/pieces.
    Post edited by Archway at 2013-08-26 03:35:16

It's a bit Jim'll FIx It?  baa baa baa, baa baa baa  :)

Funny you should say that as I feel the same way, how very prophetic eh

It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Archway said:

What's wrong with Happiness? l love that song

I find it (particularly the music) cloyingly sweet and corny. You know when you've had too much sweet stuff and you begin to feel ill as a result? Well listening to Happiness gives me that sensation when I hear it. It starts of sweet, but then just gets excessively sweet. It really doesn't fit on the album for me.

Oh and I really love Caravan Girl. I'm not too fussed about the video, but then I don't pay too much atention to videos. I like to create my own musical images/landscapes of songs/pieces.

Just down to that old devil personal taste then really. I feel differently and like the sentiment of the lyrics very much, far from a sweet subject I would have suggested.

I am not really fussed by any music videos really, as most bore me senseless and I get the impression most bands/artists only make them as an obligation. I have watched the video to Caravan Girl once and thought it was pretty dull for sure, I do quite like the videos for A&E and Happiness though ;)

It's a re-creation
    My imagination

• Just down to that old devil personal taste then really. I feel differently and like the sentiment of the lyrics very much, far from a sweet subject I would have suggested.

Yeah, pretty much, and thank goodness for that.  I tried to listen to it again today, but I just can't.  It's also the melody. I know the subject isn't sweet, but the melody, the delivery and music is just too sweet for me. 
  • Archway said:

Yeah, pretty much, and thank goodness for that.  I tried to listen to it again today, but I just can't.  It's also the melody. I know the subject isn't sweet, but the melody, the delivery and music is just too sweet for me. 

Fair enough and glad we can all be different and yet comfortable with it. I am curious though if it's too sweet for you, is Grindcore or Death Metal your usual musical preference or something? ;)

It's a re-creation
    My imagination

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!