Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Hammersmith Apollo - 1st Nov 2013 - Who went ?
  • 281 Comments sorted by
  • thathurt said:

Depends what you look like ;)

That did make me laugh, thanks :)
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • iuventus said:

What's the cut-off?

We're all old boys here. Except the girls. And the young boys.
  • thathurt said:

Depends what you look like ;)

Ugly, but wrinkle-free and a lovely complexion.

Good skin-care regimen.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2013-07-27 08:01:44
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • If your all upper circle or balcony whatever you call it I don't want stuff chucking at me thank you. I'm still having the therapy for being abused at that Miles Kane gig X(
  • Sartori said:

IOutright dancing by the over-45s is probably a jailable offence

At 47 , I should know better but I don't, I'm off to SW4 dance festival in London next month, call the fuzz , they'll be some hooting and dance shenanigans a going on.

You don't look 47 ;;)
  • I had a very small paper round :D
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Laura said:

The only people I met up with that night were Sally and.. Wait, no I think that was it... I was with my Jess at the time, so we kinda just did the whole thing amongst ourselves! God, I now feel reaally dreadful as I can't remember much of it at all?! (same as Brighton 2010 unfortunately)

PUT DOWN THE CIDER.

I distinctly remember seeing you there! I think you were quite drunk! I was with the now ex Mrs Tweety and I think Wild Corgi was there too.  
    "its MY favourite song"

I demand we all go dressed as Clangers , nothing could go wrong I tell you !
  • ^ if you're doing that I'm definitely coming. Any excuse to dress like a clanger.
  • Sartori said:

I demand we all go dressed as Clangers , nothing could go wrong I tell you !

Fucking yes! Lets do it.

Sartori said:

I had a very small paper round :D

He he
    :-))

• Bells said:

Wait a minute. Didnt Goldfrapp play Hammersmith in the Head First era. Giant arsehole on stage (part of the setting not a statement of any band members!!) I definitely stood for that one as was at the front and knob head camera Nazi nearly took my phone from me  :-w

Surely you can not be refering to the giant inflated tin foil doughnut that accompanied the HF tour? It knew some moves for sure.

And ive never had anything thrown at me at a gig, despite it prob being fully justifiable. Well only alcohol. Which doesnt hurt unless it goes in me eyes.
  • :) Hello.
    Me again, and just able to fit in here now my head is shrinking back to its normal size.
    I shall be 48 in October and like a few sitting upstairs *checks printed ticket* Circle, Block 11 Row A Seat 6.
    Wonder if we should get HJ or another bright web spark to generate an editable seating plan that we can add ourselves into (or HJ adds us into) so we know where to throw stuff on the night ?
    I probably won't be taking my camera, I will deffo have it confiscated in there.
    Unless I appeal to the powers that be to give me a photo pass ? I wonder how you go about that malarky ?

Edit: Are Clangers a bit too cool for us lot to dress as ? ;) And those are not proper Clanger costumes but the offspring of a mutant Clanger and Peppa Pig. If you dress as a Clanger, it' HAS to be a knitted costume and even Layla and my wife at full tilt (plus any other knitters) would be hard pressed to come up with enough costumes.
    But fu*k yeah I would go as a Clanger, could get a bastard lens in that snout !
    Post edited by dcbaxter at 2013-07-27 16:07:45
    Sophie_Banner
  • If I'm standing for more than 15 mins, my back starts to ache. That's slightly alleviated if I sway and bounce a little to the music. (Outright dancing by the over-45s is probably a jailable offence.)

Damn. That's me facing a 20 year stretch. Unless the judge gives clemency on account of Goldfrapp playing 'Shiny & Warm', 'Train' & 'Strict Machine' !

Clangers costumes? Great idea but we might end up even sweatier than at the Manchester gigs!
  • Love the clanger idea, could get rather clammy though.....think my sis would prefer to be a froglet if she had the choice. :)
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Dunno how to get a press pass but it can't be hard. Well for normal bands lol. I dont think my camera or lens is good enough for gig photography. Someone told me at college shoot with an 85 lens and set camera to aperture priority if unsure. Ive not tested that advice yet. Think the person who told me that is a Tory.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!