Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
(leak talk in this thread)
  • 619 Comments sorted by
  • Probably.
  • Sartori said:

...it appears easily-get-hold-of-able...

I just looked on SoulSeek. It's nowhere to be seen. The only files available are rips of the preview and Drew videos.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I really hope that the leak creates a massive buzz around Tales of Us, making it their most successful album when it's finally released.

• It has to be: Mute better reverse the files and extract the watermark.
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • Vesper said:

Can't remember exactly when Head First leaked ? 2 weeks before ?

http://goldfrapp.free.fr/php/home.php?N=1&id=2676

"It was released under the alias of 'Sylvie Nylon, Album' to prevent a leak."

And it did a pretty great job. I'm kidding. :D

It won't be their most successfull album. Nothing will ever beat "Supernature" when it comes to sales.
    Post edited by wodny at 2013-07-26 06:53:08
  • Never understood the need to go looking for this sort of thing,the album will be here soon enough so given i can wait and control myself i can do without it thank you very much

My im in a bad mood this morning.
  • I'm waiting, too. Bring on September 9th!
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...
  • #-o
  • I feel bad for Al.
    You know: you get a preview, watermark or not (in my case yes, as it should be for everyone), you SIGN a digital NDA, you write your review and wait for the press days to interview them, and finish the article. But you never leak it. Write about the nature of a song, like I did explaining how powerful Thea is before the leak when it wasn't performed live, or quoting a few lyrics (some like that, some do not) builds up tension for singles, shows, releases. But a "remastered" leak: God, what a slap in her face. She deserved better than that. She feels bad. So I feel bad for her.
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-07-26 07:30:59
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • :-?
  • I think we are all able to read here, iuventus.
  • You don't scare me, Vesper.

• Whatever that is: I want one for Christmas.
  • Vesper said:

7th Tree should have been a lesson, but nope. TOU didn't leak three months before, but one month and a half though... Can't remember exactly when Head First leaked ? 2 weeks before ?

Leaks are just inevitable today, unfortunately. Even if it won't prevent us from buying the album, the pleasure/surprise is not really the same (for Goldfrapp). But well, that's how the world goes today : we want everything now or never. It is sad, but it is like that.

But at least nothing can beat the feeling of when you physically have the album in your hands, and hear it in the quality it was intended to be heard in. :)

• Low said:

But at least nothing can beat the feeling of when you physically have the album in your hands, and hear it in the quality it was intended to be heard in. :)

Yep. :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!