Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
(leak talk in this thread)
  • 619 Comments sorted by
  • Besides Sartori's non-leak banter, that was the most boring 90-something posts I've ever not read.

These people can't even leak properly.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Sartori said:

Thats why he was banned ..unless he works for a Bank then it`s ok .

Or the government.

If I were dead, could I do this?
  • iuventus said:

Sartori said:

Thats why he was banned ..unless he works for a Bank then it`s ok .

Or the government.

If he did , don`t think I`d need to guess what the `A` in CIA would stand for .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • A_is_A said:

Alan said:

Alas, they're unpreventable. :(

Yeah, but you seem somewhat giddy about it.
    :-/

You know this leak can't possibly make WIll or Alison happy. It's more than just a little disappointing. That hardcore fans seem to be almost pushing the leaked (stolen) material on people, via the fans own website... i don't know, it just bothers me.

Sorry-

I agree with this.
  • ^ me too

• agreed
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Stranger said:

The leak has either been tempered with or they decided to go for a last minute (over)compressed sound which I find hard to believe.

On your left: The waveform from the official (!) Alvar press preview. It sounds perfect in it's build-up and sound levels and in relative volume to the rest of the stream.

On your right: The 320kbps mp3 leak of Alvar. The waveform is compressed. The result? It sounds much louder overall and hardly any differences between the more quiet parts of the song remain, leading up to the final build up, meaning it was altered compared to the earlier preview when at this stage mastering should long have been completed.

I smell fish.

I've not really been reading the arguments discussion in this thread but I can't resist a waveform comparison! That's the geek in me coming out front and centre.

I don't want to hear the album yet myself but I would be curious to see the equiv waveforms for the leak version of Drew, the video version of Drew and (for those who have it) the promo cd of Drew.

It might give an idea comparing the actually released latter pair with the leak to see what last minute work may or may not have been done. The whole 'loudness wars' things fascinates me and annoys me in equal measures and I'd be surprised if Wiiiillllll especially had let a nearer bricked final product out.

Any takers for posting them?

A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • ^ i have a drew promo. i'm happy to post that for you, if you tell me how to do it?

edit: not that helpful i know
    Post edited by ping at 2013-07-25 15:37:30
  • Willingness is always a good thing and a great starting place! Grief, I'm such a hippy at times.

If you have any software like Audacity you have to rip the CD to your PC, preferably as a WAV file then load it up and take a screen shot.

Not sure if I've been much help back to you either! :D
  • here you are carpy, hope this is what you wanted...
  • here's one full screen....
  • Cheers, Ping.

If that's from the promo cd then it looks a lot more like the left press stream in terms of compression than the right leak in the two pictures. Others agree?

• So we don't have to worry for sound quality of this album. It's gonna be just fine. That's pretty great because this whole loudness war is giving me headaches and my ears just hurt like hell. Really. When I listen to "MDNA" by Madonna or "Anxiety" by Ladyhawke I feel strange for a few hours after listening to those albums.
  • The worst culprit recently for "great album / awful mastering" is the new Sabbath, "13".
    Truly, truly sloppy and such a shame as a fantastic album tucked away beneath the over-hot master.

You want to see the very definition of over compressed?

That's from my own rip from my CD! Ouch!
    Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2013-07-25 17:10:22
  • Right, i've ordered the album!

However, i NEED to hear it (in whatever quality) asap, because the previews are gorgeous and i cannot wait - Where can i find the leak?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!