Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
(leak talk in this thread)
  • 619 Comments sorted by
  • Hmm I talk about menstrual blood nail varnish and Mirror provides the antidote HOW INTERESTING.
  • ^ mirror's obsessed with bodyform. 
  • YAY Mirror!!!! 

i hope we can all be be friends?

:x
    Post edited by tweety at 2013-07-27 14:34:35
    "its MY favourite song"
  • hmmm something tells my little brain mirror's no fan....
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • So, the whole thing just showed up on my favourite yarr-me-hearties blog.

What say y'all?
  • Basically will it be the badly compressed and watermarked doohicky?
  • Kiyuri said:

Basically will it be the badly compressed and watermarked doohicky?

Yes
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • Humm...i stumbled across the full album last night. It was by accident really, I wasn't even looking for it. I was looking for comments on what people thought of the song Clay when I saw a post of the Tales of Us album review that was only 1 hour old. So I read the short review and below...had links to the full album. I thought...hmm is this a joke?--I already ordered the box set anyway......so chanced downloading it......and sure enough it was the whole album.  

Spoiler:

I listened to the whole album....and probably won't listen to the following tracks as much..... Jo, Thea, Simone, Laurel, and Alvar.  They're okay.  I suppose I'll have to be in a certain mood to listen to those.  The others however are.....SUBLIME!! wonderfull.....  can't wait for my real copy! 

Honestly though, I first heard of the Tales of Us tracks on the Youtube leaks from the Albert Hall live strings concert, so I had epic expectations for the sound in this album, but....I was surprised how closed off and tight the sound was in the album version. It was like the songs were recorded in a very tight closed room, like a closet or something. Whereas the live performance had a much more open soundstage.  Much like hearing Felt Mountain or Seventh Tree album vs their live counterparts. 
    Post edited by Boltfinger at 2013-07-28 20:25:20
  • goddamit can they release a single already, ugh
  • no leak, no pre cum, no tease, no single, no nothing
  • Humm...i stumbled across the full album last night. It was by accident really, I wasn't even looking for it. I was looking for comments on what people thought of the song Clay when I saw a post of the Tales of Us album review that was only 1 hour old. So I read the short review and below...had links to the full album. I thought...hmm is this a joke?--I already ordered the box set anyway......so chanced downloading it......and sure enough it was the whole album.  

Spoiler:

I listened to the whole album....and probably won't listen to the following tracks as much..... Jo, Thea, Simone, Laurel, and Alvar.  They're okay.  I suppose I'll have to be in a certain mood to listen to those.  The others however are.....SUBLIME!! wonderfull.....  can't wait for my real copy! 

Honestly though, I first heard of the Tales of Us tracks on the Youtube leaks from the Albert Hall live strings concert, so I had epic expectations for the sound in this album, but....I was surprised how closed off and tight the sound was in the album version. It was like the songs were recorded in a very tight closed room, like a closet or something. Whereas the live performance had a much more open soundstage.  Much like hearing Felt Mountain or Seventh Tree album vs their live counterparts. 

I think you need to read the comments above yours... the leak was poorly edited by the leaker.
  • Yeah really don't judge sound quality by example of leak. Drew btw is video rip version because it is very quiet on my speakers compared to other songs. I really have to turn it up for Drew.
  • The official recording doesn't sound like a closet recording at all
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • The official recording doesn't sound like a closet recording at all

Not at all: it sounds fantastic indeed.

FOR THE LAST TIME FOR ALL THE DOWNLOADERS:
    THE LEAKED VERSION WAS OVERCOMPRESSED AND RE-EQUALISED BY THE LEAKER MAKING IT SOUND FLAT, DISTORTED, HISSY AND CLAUSTROPHOBIC. NONE OF THIS IS PRESENT IN THE FINAL VERSION.
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-07-29 08:37:38
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • ^ I can't tell you how much that incenses me! A theif steals art, passes if off to the world and then everyone judges the artists work based on the theifs botched copy. I'll tell you, if it was my work and reputation someone butchered I would hunt the leaker down, press charges and or sue the ever living shit out if them! Stealing music is so not right and this is yet another example of how it damages artists.
    The first thing everyone says in this thread is "of course I'm going to buy the album when it comes out" which somehow justifies everything, but you know statistically speaking that's just not true.
    I think leaks only help the sales of huge label mega-selling-celeb/entertainers whose work is already over hyped, see the JayZ's of the world and the like. I don't think leaks are at all helpfull to artists on smaller independent labels. I think anyone coming into contact with Goldfrapp music for the very first time via this leak is quite literally getting a warped impression and I think that's wrong, and I hate people/fans promoting this leak for all the above reasons.

Rant over...I feel slightly better now...slightly
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!