Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
The "Clay" Appreciation Thread
  • 212 Comments sorted by
  • Oh Clay.......

Deffo the centrepiece of TOU
    (Even if it is track 10)
  • In the line up it is THE perfect last song actually.
    The actual last words of the album are:

My only love
    Sleep well
    Goodnight
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-07-22 04:02:21
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • Based on the live video can you all help me complete the lyrics for Clay?

Words sing
    Out into the wind
    Their meaning
    Taken By Time

Your deep sea eyes
    Ancient Stars

We wanted
    Only to love
    I will not find you again
    Fate Or Chance (?)

A beauty 
    in uncertainty
    We fall down
    On grey wet sand
    Our shadows reframe
    Memories

We were only too love (?)
    Only to long (?)
    And breathe again (?)
    You (?)
    (?)
    (?)
    (?)

Oh.
    Yellow angry waves of grass
    The iron sky
    Turning in the looking glass

Your deep sea eyes
    Ancient Stars

You were wonderful life
    My only love
    Sleep Well
    Goonight
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • Stranger said:

Based on the live video can you all help me complete the lyrics for Clay?

Words sing
    Out into the wind
    Their meaning
    Taken By Time

Your deep sea eyes
    Ancient Stars

We wanted
    Only to love
    I will not find you again
    Fate Or Chance (?)

A beauty 
    in uncertainty
    We fall down
    On grey wet sand
    Our shadows reframe
    Memories

We were only too love (?)
    Only to long (?)
    And breathe again (?)
    You (?)
    (?)
    (?)
    (?)

Oh.
    Yellow angry waves of grass
    The iron sky
    Turning in the looking glass

Your deep sea eyes
    Ancient Stars

You were wonderful life
    My only love
    Sleep Well
    Goonight

Thanks for this, Stranger. The line "yellow angry waves of grass" has made me go cold. Not only does the house from the Drew video come straight from my most memorable dream (it's identical) but the house was surrounded by yellow cellophane grass, which waved violently in the wind. I was shouting to my friends but the wind blew my voice away. The only thing missing is a cliff which turns out to be a giant baroque fireplace... :-O
    Post edited by Sparky at 2013-07-22 16:17:23

• Agreed, thank you Stranger.... I think Clay is going to be very special to me....
  • Me too.
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Tragedy...........heartbreaking.........or as the Buddhists call it....DUKKAH...the first of the Four Noble Truths......
  • stevil said:

Tragedy...........heartbreaking.........or as the Buddhists call it....DUKKAH...the first of the Four Noble Truths......

Respect. I know hardly anbody who knows this. <3
  • iuventus said:

HolyOwl said:

Yeeeah, go ahead, let's do a proper fantasy casting...

Me and Cervus

Hmmm...

Thank goodness for that, you have seen me in front of a camera. Acting was never my strong point, used to get way to nervous on stage.
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Oh, this would be acting?
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • No it would not be as I cannot act for toffee..If we were to recreate the actual scenario I am guessing that I would have to draw from real life experiences.
  • Drat the youtube link does not work anymore.
  • IT HAS GONE AWAY?! Literally just finished work and was banking on that as a pick me up (/ make me cry a bit, but in a good way)
  • Seems like several youtube bideos with good quality new songs have been removed :(
  • Your Dipsy eyes, ancient stars.

Post edited by Vesper at 2013-07-24 10:03:39

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!