Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Premiere of 'Tales of us' at Manchester Int Festival, July 17/18 2013
  • 932 Comments sorted by
  • did anyone notice if the show was filmed, or if it may be tomorrows show that gets filmed?
    Aaron
    facebook.com/omgitsaaronnnx
  • Saw one guy with a camera but no one filming so presumably its 2moz. Saw Lisa upstairs balcony.

• thathurt said:

Saw Lisa upstairs balcony.

obviously not that cliche then *rolls eyes*
  • So "Thea" was not played, correct?
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...
  • So it wasn't a full orchestra, right or am I just not making out the brass and woodwinds in the instagram photog? Just a large string section?  So, um, setlist anyone?  I mean, just for the older songs we're all familiar with.  
  • It looks wonderful......some of those photos are stunning. :)
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • It wasn't a full orchestra just a stringr orchestra ;)

I might be full of euphoria from last night but I dare say that was the greatest frapp gig I've been to ever!!!!

Carpy did well on predicting the setlist format (running through Tales Of Us first then a second half of vintage stuff)

Alison looked fab, like a true diva in keeping with the noir imagery of this album era.

Thea remains a mystery to us all still...

Of the new material,Drew really took off live and now I can't stop listening to it! I liked Simone particularly and if Stranger isn't the greatest lost Bond theme then I don't know what is. Clay gave me goosebumps..

Ahhh the hits....

I'm so thankful I got to hear Paper Bag live again and A&E was an emotional highlight too.....

Little Bird... Still a noodling adventure that was given extra ooomph by the choir and orchestra.

Caravan Girl.... Who knew it was such a great closer???? Take that Strict Machine!

:)
  • The choir was a stroke of genius. Almost like a gospel choir in the way they lifted the songs into a whole new orbit. Sonap and me had to decompress afterwards because we came out of the gig high. Minds blown.

• This is Simone - and urm, this is about, well - this mother, a mother's lover - and she finds her wicked daughter in bed, with her lover. (pause) It happens!...
  • For me this was the best Frapp gig ever!

Also loved meeting up with other board members. This whole trip is just like a dream. Pinch me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Agreed. Felt surreal and nice to put faces to names (or rather usernames)
  • Right, bag packed, sweating already, Weetabix eaten, re-checked contents of bag, tickets yes, sweat lip already. I think I'm set for two and half hours in the car now. Oh travel pill and sick bag :-h
    Post edited by Hells_Bells at 2013-07-18 04:35:07
  • Safe journey Bells!
  • Yeah, seconded - see you later!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • see you later Bells!
    "its MY favourite song"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!