Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Premiere of 'Tales of us' at Manchester Int Festival, July 17/18 2013
  • 932 Comments sorted by
  • Wow, lucky you ! I'm glad that you enjoyed the show. I look forward to seeing some videos and discovering the whole thing in September...
  • Looks and sounds great, and it sounds like everyone had a good time.  Really getting excited for tonight's gig now.  Just a few questions of you fine people, if you don't mind:

- Was there any merch or new album on sale (I guess not but thought I'd ask) ?

- I've not been to the venue before: in order to get a good view, what time would you suggest getting there ?  It only holds 2000 people apparently, but it looked pretty packed on those pictures.

• ^ merch wise there was just a ltd run of prints that are numbered and signed but I thought they were a bit cheap looking tbh

Its a small venue so all views are good. I wandered in at 20:40pm and got three people back from the front.

Take water... :)
  • yes take water!
    "its MY favourite song"
  • WOWWOWWOW! what can i say, what a fantastic gig! just amazing. i cannot wait to get my lug holes properly wrapped around the new album, some wonderfully lush beautiful tracks. i felt a bit emotional at moments!
    alison seemed pretty nervous for the first couple of tracks but settled down and had a little chat at moments, she seemed in great humour and happy :) 
    great to meet/re-meet so many lovely people, it was so nice at the end to just be able to look at someone and know they were feeling the exact same way i was.
    only took a couple of piccy's cause there were signs up not to and i really didn't want to put alison off!

re: merchandise... they had some limited edition art prints for £30, that was all i saw. it looked like the album picture.

• chokka said:

^ merch wise there was just a ltd run of prints that are numbered and signed but I thought they were a bit cheap looking tbh

Its a small venue so all views are good. I wandered in at 20:40pm and got three people back from the front.

Take water... :)

Excellent, thanks :)  I'll get there about 8pm and have a few cheeky beers I think.
  • also will someone going tonight have a look and see if they're filming it, couldn't see any cameras there last night  :(
  • Don't think they are but you never know.

Good to meet you ping! Glad you enjoyed!
  • stevil said:

thathurt said:

Saw Lisa upstairs balcony.

obviously not that cliche then *rolls eyes*

Lisa Gunning, Alisons squeeze

Post edited by Sartori at 2013-07-18 06:33:39
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Enjoyed last night immensely! The new stuff is exactly what I hoped for, and the old tunes sound amazing with the orchestra and the choir!
    After the first listen, my ranking of the new tracks:
    Ulla
    Clay
    Annabel
    Drew
    Alvar
    Laurel
    Stranger
    Simone
    Joe
  • See you guys again tonight! :)
  • So which are the 2nd and the 3rd track we hear in the trailer ? :)
  • reflecting on last night it was such a very special gig. the new album, the old favourites, the strings, choir and Will, bumping into angie and davide outside, seeing so many frappers and having such a blast. it really was great. having heard the new tracks for the first time I really feel this album is a grower, so many layers to unfold. I'm really looking forward to tonight now :D

I have your somerset house ticket now Eugene :)

"its MY favourite song"
  • I think Annabel, Jo, Clay then Annabel again...

There was that line in Jo ...

"You better run for your life"....
  • The 2nd is Jo and the 3rd is Clay. Then back to Anabel. :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!