Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Premiere of 'Tales of us' at Manchester Int Festival, July 17/18 2013
  • 932 Comments sorted by
  • Good God that looks amazing.

• Oh my days....

That was truly sumptuous....

Drew and Simone..... I was entranced....

Will on stage.... The choir....

I'm still in disbelief.....

:)
  • it was AMAZING!!!

first half was a bit unfamiliar but some stand out tracks, second half with will and the choir was just breath taking :D
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Finally chance to catch a breath - really, really amazing! New material a lot to take in but pretty spectacular with a truly scrumptious amount of string action. Stone big moments indeed.

Seeing the older stuff with strings, a choir AND WILL ON STAGE was just staggering. Some of the best live versions of those tracks ever.

Will post properly in the morning as too busy grinning now :D

Roll on tomorrow night - can't come quick enough!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • hot hot HOT!

what A gig! some real standout moments from the new album...sorry folks cant remember the names...but 'drew' was even more fantastic live, it built and built and BUILT!

and to finish off some fm and st with a choir and will :) only the second time seeing will on stage...love watching him loose himself on his little chair!
  • That is so stunningly beautiful. Words can't express it.
  • Applause at the end , with smiles

Post edited by Sartori at 2013-07-17 20:14:30
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • The audience before gig and sweating en masse

"Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Sartori said:

The audience before gig and sweating en masse

I take it it was a tad warm this evening?
  • Wow... stunning photos everyone... It looks like a really magical night! Thank you all for sharing. I am hoping there might be some other tidbits that find their way out there to tide us over...?...
  • Twit from Alison...

"Thanks for a wonderful night....crazy hot in there my god! you were fantastic....Thank you!!!xxx"
  • Amazeballs. :D

on a more shit note I have no idea where we are going on the m6.
    How many roadworks does anyone need?

it was a proper lovely gig. Sounded great. Alison only restarted one song. Love the new album then. Lovely to meet up witj so many frappers as I dont often get time. Lovely church. Bit of a shit hole in places. Loos mostly. The getting into the building bit was wank they separated some of us. Put us in the bar area. Such abuse. Had to buy a drink ;) before this they said they had to sign our tickets. I got a bit stressed n shouty. Got in fine the bar is on a different level to the concert hall.

will was on stage for a good few songs. Didnt get many pics as photo Nazis were about. It was soooo lovely.

. Weve been diverted to somewhere off thr m6 now. Help. Bit lost. appear to be in birmingham.
  • Those pictures look great! :D
  • "It's about an aspiring actress....in pre war... LA....who accidentally dates a serial killer"
    Audience laughter.
    "Um it's actually quite serious, so I'd appreciate if you didn't all laugh!"
    Even more audience laughter.
    Alison trying not to laugh. My favourite moment from the gig ( and that's a gig that blew my mind with a choir singing Clowns in top of a beautiful new album) showing Alison's warmth and humour and modesty. No more ice queen. Love her.
    Post edited by Sparky at 2013-07-18 12:29:18

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!