Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Premiere of 'Tales of us' at Manchester Int Festival, July 17/18 2013
  • 932 Comments sorted by
  • iuventus said:

I'm not nearly as distressed that I'll miss the show as I am that I'll miss the tea party.

We'll raise a brew to you at some point (IF anybody else brings any!)
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • ping said:

@thathurt should i bring a box?

Oh yes
    :D
    and my black shirt doesnt fit me. Im saying it shrunk in the wash. I discovered this afrer id eaten thr kitkat chunky :((
    maybe ill wear the box.

BfL masks will be fine. Mines an owl 1. I think I saw Eliott start a mask thing on facebook so I presumed it was a theme.

Nothing a trip to Aflecks palace wont sort out if u need to buy one in Manch. Anyone can give you directions to it, or follow a grebo kid.
    Post edited by thathurt at 2013-07-16 03:43:43
  • Er I got junk link open wen I posted the above post, anyone else got that? Vanilla it was called.
    Post edited by thathurt at 2013-07-16 03:44:14

• iuventus said:

I'm not nearly as distressed that I'll miss the show as I am that I'll miss the tea party.

@iuventus We can have one on here whilst they are all there.
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • I'm glad I'm sat on balcony now ,will have a good view.....everyone will still have a great time I'm sure just being there...and if it's filmed you may be on it!!!
  • Cervus said:

@iuventus We can have one on here whilst they are all there.

The kettle's on...

If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Great stuff...maybe we should move to the tea thread while we are at it.
    Post edited by Cervus at 2013-07-16 05:07:07
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Indeed, before some strict constructionalist complains to the authorities.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Gasp...heaven forfend...... ;)
  • that reminds me I must pick up some Japanese Cherry
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Just had my daily green! (tea, that is).

Umm, re the masks idea... I had kinda thought that a black(ish) one (masquerade stylee) would go better with the TOU feel.. but an owl one or other animal would be cool too.

As per Charlie's pictures, it does look as if the stage is quite high (about 6 feet?), but I don't think that'll mean those at the front will miss seeing much.. maybe just the feet of the performers at the back of stage?

• ..,must....see....feet....
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Tempted to nosey at the venue on my way home....
  • Sadly I don't have a mask of any kind and as yet have no idea what I'm going to be wearing, it probably depends on the weather. Will probably get to wherever everyone is at about 6:30ish.  It says it starts at 9, I'm assuming there's no support or anything? Or have I missed anything? (I'm not in possession of the tickets so I'm just doing as I'm told!)
  • Found a picture taken at ground level, seems like a pretty good view all round

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!