Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Premiere of 'Tales of us' at Manchester Int Festival, July 17/18 2013
  • 932 Comments sorted by
  • Cervus said:

@iuventus We can have one on here whilst they are all there.

The kettle's on...

If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Great stuff...maybe we should move to the tea thread while we are at it.
    Post edited by Cervus at 2013-07-16 05:07:07
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Indeed, before some strict constructionalist complains to the authorities.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Gasp...heaven forfend...... ;)
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • that reminds me I must pick up some Japanese Cherry
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Just had my daily green! (tea, that is).

Umm, re the masks idea... I had kinda thought that a black(ish) one (masquerade stylee) would go better with the TOU feel.. but an owl one or other animal would be cool too.

As per Charlie's pictures, it does look as if the stage is quite high (about 6 feet?), but I don't think that'll mean those at the front will miss seeing much.. maybe just the feet of the performers at the back of stage?

• ..,must....see....feet....
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Tempted to nosey at the venue on my way home....
  • Sadly I don't have a mask of any kind and as yet have no idea what I'm going to be wearing, it probably depends on the weather. Will probably get to wherever everyone is at about 6:30ish.  It says it starts at 9, I'm assuming there's no support or anything? Or have I missed anything? (I'm not in possession of the tickets so I'm just doing as I'm told!)
  • Found a picture taken at ground level, seems like a pretty good view all round

• Nice one rewak :)

Youre whipping me into a frenzy!!!!
  • It really seems like a perfect little venue, i love high up stages because no matter where you are on the floor, even if a tall bugger is standing in front of you, you'll still be able to see the band on stage.
  • This could top the 7T concert at Bridgewater Hall in 2008....
  • Canne believe there's a crash barrier. I hope they give out small cups of water half way through like at normal gigs \:D/
  • thathurt said:

Canne believe there's a crash barrier. I hope they give out small cups of water half way through like at normal gigs \:D/

Yes , I suspect the moshing will have a few people fainting ;)
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!