Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Premiere of 'Tales of us' at Manchester Int Festival, July 17/18 2013
  • 932 Comments sorted by
  • I'm at the point where I don't even want it to happen coz I'm so scared about it being over?! Haha. Always get like that with things I'm looking forward to this much....
  • I'm trying not to get excited in case I don't end up going due to personal reasons. I've learnt from past experience not to look forward to things too much in case they don't happen because if things do go wrong you won't be disappointed. If that makes sense?? :|
  • Bells said:

If that makes sense?? :|

It does not; however, superstition, like religion, never does.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Bells said:

I'm trying not to get excited in case I don't end up going due to personal reasons. I've learnt from past experience not to look forward to things too much in case they don't happen because if things do go wrong you won't be disappointed. If that makes sense?? :|

Yes , "Set your expectations spectacularly low and you will never be disappointed" was a joke motto we had a few years back 
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"

• I'm afraid this site could explode over the next week. ;)

I`ll bring along some of these for the older members ;)

"Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • gig wear :D

168 hours...
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Rob, are you sure level 2 will be adequate?
  • I will be going to both gigs and have one spare ticket for both nights - anyone interested? Will sell at face value. :)
  • Sartori said:

I`ll bring along some of these for the older members ;

So, you see, HJ?  You won't be the only one wearing something special.  I'm just trying to figure out how you convince them to wear it on the outside.  Hmmm, a few scotches may do the trick.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-07-10 16:22:20
  • Oh ive not read this thread. Just skimmed it now. Do I need a mask or something? Ta like.

17th for me.
  • ^ well, at least a few of us are gonna have black masquerade-type masks (to fit the TOU feel). With one you can appear cool/hot/bonkers, and yet remain incognito, lol.

• thathurt said:

Oh ive not read this thread. Just skimmed it now. Do I need a mask or something? Ta like.

17th for me.

I think the ideas so far have been:-

a) Gloves

b) Black & White Clothing

c) Masks

Even though I suggested one of them I'm still not sure whether to do any of them or just concentrate on the show this time round. If I'm honest just having all you lot around at a show like this will make it excellent enough.

May change my mind 43.4 times before Wednesday, though.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • I'm going dressed to kill.

• Ha, that photo actually looks a perfect style for a character to fit what we've seen of the clips so far :))
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Ha, that photo actually looks a perfect style for a character to fit what we've seen of the clips so far :))

That's been my point from the beginning.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!