Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Premiere of 'Tales of us' at Manchester Int Festival, July 17/18 2013
  • 932 Comments sorted by
  • I'm gonna wear buttoned cotton shirt & dark blue smartish jacket and dark jeans, and have a mask, which i can wear/remove as seems fitting... like we did at Bat for Lashes in Oct. I was surprised that people (even inc Stephanie) wore their masks walking from pub to venue! Love the gloves idea, but I've not seen any yet that would work, for me. But yeah, id say not to worry too much & just enjoy the frapperaderie. (ok, poor made-up word, but you can hopefully get the gist) :)
  • Does anyone know what time the gig ends ? Due to the train home, Don't fancy walking the streets of Manchester till 6am & Yep all hotel's are fully booked i wonder why......
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • jeez some hotels want over £300 for two nights some even higher..... not made of money......
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Er ladies n gents its gonna be 29 degrees so the gloves can f off. I usually wear b+w anyway so I can manage that. Im sure ebay can send me a cheap mask.

Manchester is stupidly pricy for hotels. I mean its oop north! Try the uni if the students av broken up by then. Cant remember its name but it had a conference place in it too. It's nr the academy venue where all the uni bits r.
    Post edited by thathurt at 2013-07-12 04:18:48
  • sheeeesh! how come you left it late to book? i booked my room back in feb.
  • I paid £29 for my place at the Mitre. Loads of us are staying there. Do they not have any availability?
  • try booking.com jozzy and filter by price

just had a quick look and there are some bargains to be had!
    "its MY favourite song"
  • I know it's a bit off an obvious one but try laterooms.com as this it's a good way to find places even if you then look them up and book directly!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.

• @thathurt Ebay will indeed provide you with a cheap mask ;)  Please do join us or I may bottle it!
  • I know it's a bit off an obvious one but try laterooms.com as this it's a good way to find places even if you then look them up and book directly!

Bit-in-bold... that's a good thing to do. I use Laterooms to advertise my guesthouse, and they charge the proprietor a 20% commission! So ringing directly saves the B&B money, and they may even give you an extra discount. :)
  • Stuart_P said:

sheeeesh! how come you left it late to book? i booked my room back in feb.

would of booked a room back then myself  but both shows were sold-out.....

anyways i got offered 2 tickets (1 for each night) this wednesday night but finding somewhere to stay for a reasonable price is proving very hard, that's why i asked if anyone know's what time the gig ends so i can catch the last train home (23:38/11:38pm) then come back the next day for the second show, train fare from stoke-on-trent to manchester return is about £15

Love Goldfrapp.....
  • what about hostels?
  • just want to thank tweety,the carpathian & halloween_jack for above comments....
    will take a look around to see if can find anywhere cheers
    hopefully i'll be there both nights [-O<
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • 29C, I'll be sweating like Peter Andre on Countdown
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!