Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Show Us Your Tales!
  • 66 Comments sorted by
  • That's a shame, Pet, but at least you know it's on the way.

AutoRip does work pretty well normally but, as you say, you're a bit stuck with sound AND network issues.

Hope you get the proper shiny disc soon :)
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • That's a shame, Pet, but at least you know it's on the way.

AutoRip does work pretty well normally but, as you say, you're a bit stuck with sound AND network issues.

Hope you get the proper shiny disc soon :)

Thank you.  The only track I've heard is Drew (which was on the Goldfrapp site before my computer problems grew quite as bad as they are now).
  • You could download the files, put them on a CD and play that. (Carpy, i think Peter said he *does* have networking.)
  • You could download the files, put them on a CD and play that. (Carpy, i think Peter said he *does* have networking.)

Ah, yeah - oops!

That's what comes of me doing tech support at work on one monitor and sneaking time on here on the other monitor!
  • Halloween_Jack said:You could download the files, put them on a CD and play that. (Carpy, i think Peter said he *does* have networking.)

Could I put the files on a CD?  I wonder
    how I could do that.  In the past, when I've tried to download music, I haven't know where it was on the computer... at least, I assume that downloads are supposed to be stored somewhere on the computer.
  • Well, you could try and get them. Usually it will prompt you to choose a folder. If not, the worst is that they will be at un unknown location on your pc.
  • I think that the Amazon downloading software creates a folder in your My Music file.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Just took a photo of my lovel new vinyl but can't upload it from work - will do when I get in. Loving the huge poster - took me a moment to spot Alison in her black outfit on a black night!

Nice bonus is that I got a free material vinyl/laptop carrying bag from HMV when I bought it.
  • Well, you could try and get them. Usually it will prompt you to choose a folder. If not, the worst is that they will be at un unknown location on your pc.

I tried downloading Tales of Us, and doing so took me into Cloud Player, which seemed to be attempting to download just about every album I've ever bought from Amazon.  It's horribly confusing, and I've since emailed Amazon asking them to cancel my subscription to Cloud Player.

The display about downloading Tales of Us said that the download had failed.  I don't think that anything really downloaded.  Perhaps that's something to do with running the computer in safe mode.

I think I'll just wait for my CD.  It ought to arrive, I reckon, by next weekend.
  • Go back, try again, and tell it 'no' when it asks whether or not you want to automatically download all your shit.
  • I really struggled to suss out the amazon downloader thing at first, am not going to pretend it was easy at all for me at least, so I know where Pet is coming from with his frsutrations. The vinyl I pre-ordered has not been dispatched yet, but I do have it on autorip.

I won't be listening until later on today but nice to know that whilst MP3 is my least favorite format I at least have the option to hear it today on it's release day ;;)
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • iuventus said:

Go back, try again, and tell it 'no' when it asks whether or not you want to automatically download all your shit.

It didn't ask me.  It just started doing it.
  • For anybody buying their Tales Of Us from Amazon that wasn't aware, the AutoRip service doesn't download all your music to your device but stores copies of eveything you buy from them in the Cloud. You then download a program on your PC or app on your phone/tablet, log in to your Amazon account and play anything you want to from your Cloud folder. When you start it for the first time it will populate all the album artwork etc so that may be what you saw, Pet?

It even goes back retrospecitvely to your past purchases and makes those available too so many you might have a whole heap of stuff, including any past Goldfrapp buys waiting when you go in.
    Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2013-09-09 07:57:24
  • @Pet Let it.
  • Well, I wish Amazon would just send my CD (which hasn't yet been dispatched) and not bother me with all this nonsense about Cloud Player.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!