Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Entertain me! (the twisted & disturbing are welcome)
  • 1870 Comments sorted by
  • iuventus said:

I love Jesus. The Bible is one of my favorite books. No joke.

I also love Satan.

Do you keep your copy on your fact, or fiction bookshelf?
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • I have my Oxford with my classical lit and my King James with my metaphysical lit.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Mine nestles between the Beatrix Potter and the Enid Blyton. I particularly like the one where Brer Rabbit outfoxes both Brer Jesus and Brer Moses by hiding behind some stone tablets he finds behind a bush.
  • Blasphemer! Ponygurl and that other most serene Jesus freak are going to roast you at the stake.
  • Well, duh!
  • Except the Muslims, gays, transgender people (if you can call them people), foreigners (especially Mexicans), probably Jews, and most women. He won't give a yea or nay about Blacks because he doesn't want to be on the evening news.

• ^ That's the patriarchy you're talking about, not Jesus. If anything the Bible explains the "Fall" but most are too blind to see it. It's a psychological splinter in the eyes of most men. I already told you what is was...now Listen. Men made a religion out of the concept, "Demonize, Conquer, and Control." The Bible shows it first happening to the woman- she was demonized, so that the male psyche feels no remorse or guilt in then conquering and controlling her. Now you see what happened. This concept then spilled from gender into different races, classes, and sexuality of people. It was the corrupt seed that was planted in the mind of men, which we can still see today. Jesus merely fought against this and was crucified for it, or the story goes.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • I finished reading The Fall now PG- an interesting read, but I believe that the human race is on course to self destruct and can't see the species " righting itself" as the author suggests. Better all round for the planet if our time is shelf-life stamped.
  • Ponygurl said:

^ That's the patriarchy you're talking about, not Jesus.

You missed my point completely. Take it in the context of my revering the Bible as both a great work of classical literature as well as a metaphysical manual. And in the context of the America we live in.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2017-04-14 03:15:59
  • Homer's "Iliad" and "Odyssey" probably originated around the same time as the Old Testament. Unlike the OT's single patriarch who carries supreme authority, though, Homer's gods are multiple and contesting, which seems to me to be a healthier state of affairs. Although it is filled with bloody slaughter, at least no-one gets to wipe out everything on the face of the earth in a fit of pique.

• Yep, no bloody slaughter in the old Testement!
  • Met a physical, spiritual
    It's all so incorporal
    Don't fit with laws empirical
    Will the true facts ever talk, ever talk
    Let me hear the true facts talk

Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2017-04-14 15:08:10
  • HA! I knew that cats are aliens!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!