Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Board fault / improvement collation thread.
  • This is a fault / improvement collation thread ONLY.
    No waffle please just a simple line or two for improvements that need to be made / kinks ironing out.

1)  Enlarged images need a shrinking facility / option as they are currently staying enlarged.

2)  There's a preview facility when starting a new discussion, I'd like one for all posts please.
    Post edited by softlad at 2013-06-13 20:45:25
  • 114 Comments sorted by
  • 3) Email confirmation message does not vanish on mobile version of forum and covers vital buttons at bottom of page.

4) Some user post counts sticking at 1 (ie Pet and Bells) and only occasionally moving on.

5) No delete ability - we already have multiple duplicate threads and misplaced posts that nobody can remove, not even the originator.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • The_Carpathian should be our admin.

RT if you agree.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • 6) If there isn't going to be regular moderation from staff, then yes there needs to be a regular visitor who can moderator too.

7) On my mobile i view "Full Site", just preference really, but posting is a little weird. I have to tap "Write Comment" before anything i type in the comment box will register, and as soon as i do the comment box stretches way down doubling the length of the page. It's functional, but awkward.
  • Not bad, guys.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Possibly a good idea to mention what browser and operating system we`re using 

8) It won`t let me post when I bring the site up on an Android Tablet . The keyboard comes up to type then disappears .

9) Quoting someone and cutting out the waffly bits gets me stuck in the blue quote box sometimes (on Windows Chrome Browser) , I can`t get back to the white area to type my rubbish in 
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"

• Sartori said:

Possibly a good idea to mention what browser and operating system we`re using 

8) It won`t let me post when I bring the site up on an Android Tablet . The keyboard comes up to type then disappears .

See my problem 7, tap Write Comment, then it'll register what you type in. I'm on an Android phone too :)
  • 10. Same size in the post edit screen as in the post.
  • 11 Default sort order for posts in a thread should be "Date" and not "Votes". Virtually nobody is using the voting system but many are being confused by posts moving around out of chronological order if any happen to voted on.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • I read this as a coalition, thinking it was about Cameron and Clegg, oh dear, maybe in a rant thread sometime.....
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • It would be good if the two 'what are you listening to threads could be merged as one, maybe something that prevents title duplication would be an idea, just something minor really I know.
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Thread merging!! Excellent idea, Border_Mind!!
  • 11 Default sort order for posts in a thread should be "Date" and not "Votes". ......

Just my wish too!
  • Can we also get an option to sticky threads? I'd sticky a couple of my threads.
  • All it needs now is someone to get the bottle up to tweet about this thread.  Isn't that right ALAN?   ;)
  • Wait, how did you make me so red and all in yellow? I'm still learning.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!