Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
What`s the last film you watched ?
  • 1165 Comments sorted by
  • Zombie Lake, Shock Waves, To Kako, the Quick and the Undead, and of course all of the "...of the Dead" films. I've even enjoyed a number of the newer Zombie films, like 28 Days Later.

A few Japanese Zombie flicks are worth watching: Tokyo Zombie, Zombie Baseball, Stacy, Wild Zero, Junk... . You'll need a bit of patience to get into several of these.

There are numerous excellent short story collections, too, if you like reading.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • What's the best zombie flick?

Some say 'World War Z' is.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • I don't get much into the whole zombie thing I'm afraid, which is strange because I like I mean love horror films, I guess I just prefer vampires, werewolves and Frankenstein monsters. That's not to say I don't like any zombie films, Night of The Living Dead and Plague of the Zombies are my favorites. I love 28 Days later, but it's kinda debatable that this was really a zombie film, as they were the 'infected' and not really the undead??? 28 Weeks later was a  huge let down I thought. I may well go and check out World War Z at some point though, thanks.
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Not into zombies myself. However, if the movie has an interesting and original take on them, then I'm more than happy to see it.

For instance, 'The Walking Dead' TV series is the worst kind of zombie movie. Anything that has 'zombie, dead or walking' in the title, I know it's gonna be crap.

Trying to remember of the recent zombie movie that I saw and was quite impressed.

Off topic:

@Border_Mind are you going to the Bristol show tonight?
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • No Alan, sadly I'm not going, it just wouldn't be practical for a few reasons :(

I'm the same way  Alan when it comes to the zombies. Funny thing is I do like a lot of vampire things, but I think for the most part vampires and zombies have become so mainstream, no-one bats an eyelid if someone walks into a shop dressed as a zombie these days....
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • I'm the same way  Alan when it comes to the zombies. Funny thing is I do like a lot of vampire things, but I think for the most part vampires and zombies have become so mainstream, no-one bats an eyelid if someone walks into a shop dressed as a zombie these days....

LOL

We're slowly but surely turning into zombies. haha
  • Hi Alan,

I loved it to be honest! It's a deep movie, and a bit more to it than a straight horror/vampire movie. I think it said a lot about issues around prejudice and bullying, a lot I could identify with shall we say.
    There is a remake by Hammer Films 'Let Me In' which is OK but unnecessary, I wish there wasn't this need to remake films for a market too ignorant to read subtitles really. I won't really bother with seeing the remakes of 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' because of simmilar misgivings. I shall not digress, yes Alan like it very much, in fact I think I might have to re-watch this very soon now,

Cheers ;)
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-06-24 10:02:59
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • @Border_Mind have you seen 'Let The Right One In'? Tell me what you thought of it.
  • Julie and Julia, always enjoy this film.

gonna watch stranger than fiction in a bit. another good one :)

• The September Issue - A film about 'Vogue' or as it transpires 'Anna Wintour Magazine'.  Fashion and its internal politics, very entertaining.

The Devil Wears Prada - Was always likely that it would turn into a chick flick and unfortunately it transforms into a fully blown one about 40 minutes in.  And Anna Hathaway's love interest in the film looks like Selena Gomez with stubble. Not brilliant.
  • The Devil Wears Prada was OK I thought, I like Emily Blunt in anything really ;)
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Woohoo, watching 'Stoker' tonight, so excited!
  • Limitless is on in a bit on Film4 HD. Haven't seen it before and would really like it to be good based on the idea.

Why do I get the feeling I'm liable to be let down!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Hugo

After a promising start it turned out to be Scorsese gone Disney.... Meh...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Dreeke said:

Hugo

After a promising start it turned out to be Scorsese gone Disney.... Meh...

i didn't even think it was anything on par with disney, i thought it had to be one of the most boring films ive ever seen. bring me the little mermaid, aladdin, beauty and the beast etc any day over that! :p

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!