Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Goldfrapp live in Bristol on Jun 23
  • 580 Comments sorted by
  • Sartori said:

At least that stops all the ones going to Manchester gnashing their teeth and wailing about the semantics and legalities of the word "premiere" ;)

Guilty your honour... :)

Ultimately I'm just excited for you all and jealous to not be at this comeback show.

• Sartori said:

At least that stops all the ones going to Manchester gnashing their teeth and wailing about the semantics and legalities of the word "premiere" ;)

'premiere' Kiyuri has a nice ring to it
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Well I hope you all have a very nice time =) It's going to be amazing even if you don't get to listen to any ToU song! I'm sure ;) Remember to take a pic or two for us that can't go =)
  • Sartori said:

Guilty your honour... :)

Ultimately I'm just excited for you all and jealous to not be at this comeback show.

I`m sad only because it means with no new stuff it lessens the chance of a forgetting the words /chord cock up scenario and Alison going all "Double XX Chromosome Liam Gallagher" , I demand a tizzy , I demand a stroppy fit , I want rock star behaviour not tea and biskwits .
    ps if the coppers call about inciting disorderly behaviour , you ain`t seen me , roight ;)
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-22 06:27:10
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Sartori said:

kaleb20 said:

Well I hope you all have a very nice time =) It's going to be amazing even if you don't get to listen to any ToU song! I'm sure ;) Remember to take a pic or two for us that can't go =)

If she sings `Happiness` , I can guarantee 3 and half minutes of photos .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • No idea when I shall be there but hopefully early enough to park and enjoy a drink with fellow 'frappers in a nearby bar :)
    I think  some have my mobile, twitter etc.
    If it does end up finding everyone in the venue, the aim will be (if you want the 'Angie' spot) roughly in line with Angie (front to back) about 0-10 rows back. Closer to the front better but depends on who gets in early enough and folk around willing to move for friends of that/those persons joining them. Elbow spikes help ;)
    Sophie_Banner
  • Sartori said:

Actually, even though I'm going to MIF I was thinking that was actually a good thing to know for the Bristol lot more than anything else.

No matter how good tonight is (and I reckon it'll be a blast) if people half wondered about hearing new stuff and none got played they might feel a little disappointed, even after a great show.

If they go already knowing there won't be any TOU they can just throw themselves into the gig and enjoy it full on for what it was always going to be.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • See y'all tomorrow for a wonderful Bristol experience :)>-
  • Bells said:

See y'all tomorrow for a wonderful Bristol experience :)>-

indeed! :)
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Ok in my head I imagined this setlist for tomorrow... Weird for me to speculate on something I'm not part of... I guess its cos I have TOU giddiness...

1.Paper Bag
    2. You Never Know
    3. Utopia
    4. Lovely Head
    5. Number 1
    6. Happiness
    7. Black Cherry
    8. Clowns
    9. Satin Chic
    10. Ooh La La
    11. Deer Stop
    12. Train
    13. Strict Machine
    14. Melancholy Sky......
  • I wouldn't bet on slow ones like Paper Bag, Deer Stop, etc, if this is a warmup for the "dance" shows as Alison put it in the interview.

• tweety said:

Sartori said:

Dude.

Dude.

No.
    It's Rear Admiral now. I was promoted for my heroics in the great storm of Download Festival 2013, whereupon I gallantly rescued two tins of beer and a foldable chair from a broken gazebo whilst battling harsh wind and minor downpour.
    It was a noble act indeed.
  • Getting in the mood for Bristol by sticking on the Wonderful Electric DVD.Haven't played this for ages.
    Can't believe it's 10 years since the Somerset House gig.
    Hope Alison provides us with some hot,sticky Theremin action tomorrow night!
  • Kiyuri said:

tweety said:

Sartori said:

Dude.

Dude.

No.
    It's Rear Admiral now. I was promoted for my heroics in the great storm of Download Festival 2013, whereupon I gallantly rescued two tins of beer and a foldable chair from a broken gazebo whilst battling harsh wind and minor downpour.
    It was a noble act indeed.

I can't believe they didn't reward you with your very own communist state. more heroics please!
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Im on a sauna of a coach to save £50 on train fare. They've hidden the loos at oxford. Someone remind me coach travel was a good idea.

And 4 anyone driving to Brizzle, theyre shutting some roads in the city centre for a non car day event. :D

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!