Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 622 Comments sorted by
  • Off to see a blonde lady do some noir and disco in Salford...
  • me too
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Well I went to see Adam Ant on Friday and it was bloody awful :( so disappointed!  Dreadful sound issues and 10 minutes ranting inbetween each song made for an uncomfortable evening.  No attempt to engage with the crowd and just walked off at the end with no encore.

Gutted

• Next up on the gig front is Nine Inch Nails in May :)
  • Spooky we were only talking about Adam and the Ants on Sunday dog walk with the U.T's.
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • Miles Kane at Bedford Corn Exchange last night. Two support bands Findlay and The Whorlls were very good.
    Miles was excellent of course.
    Here comes the downside. As soon as main act came on all the knobhead, loutish, ignorant, teenager twats "moshed" everyone who was at the front out the way. I was elbowed and jumped on and it hurt, young girl next to me went for a burton. I had booze down me twice which had been chucked from some moron behind us aiming at the stage and so was drenched down one side. My hair that I had just had done that same morning was wet with alcohol and to top it all I was so distressed I thumped the immature twat waving his arms and jumping on my bloody foot which gave me great satisfaction!!
    He tried to play the old innocent but I hurt my shoulder hitting the twat but didn't let on. Cried in the car all the way home and still cried in bed as I felt humiliated, distressed and soooooooo angry.

This happens too often at gigs, even Frapp ones on occasions. Tossers who stay at the bar necking booze and being the lad, then push their way to the front through a packed crowd. The only up side for seated venues.
    A tazer would sort a few of these ignorant toss pots out. Chin up Hells. They probably all went home afterwards and wanked themselves off into a sock. (Can I say that on here?)

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Well I went to see Adam Ant on Friday and it was bloody awful :( so disappointed!  Dreadful sound issues and 10 minutes ranting inbetween each song made for an uncomfortable evening.  No attempt to engage with the crowd and just walked off at the end with no encore.

Gutted

Suggest you watch Jubilee by Derek Jarman. In this, a very young and annoying Adam Ant is murdered about 2/3 rds way through, wrapped up in plastic by Mad (Toyah) and Amyl Nitrate (Jordan -not the thick big titted one) and dumped from a bridge into a river. Yeah - revenge!

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Yer had that a few times - last was probably Muse at the O2 - fortunately me and U.T. have a fair amount of mass between us and the plebs just bounce off with a little help from a Reacher style elbow! Fortunately that rarely happens at Goldfrapp gigs as we are all so polite aren't we? On the flip side the Amsterdam gig was the most polite venue we'd ever been to - either that or the herbal cigarettes had kicked in!
    Post edited by Appy61 at 2014-04-15 11:38:56
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • I am going to see a AC/DC tribute band in early May. If that counts.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Elbow in Nottingham last night were just fantastic. Beautiful setting with split screens and great lighting. Great rapport with the crowd. Guy had a little walkway to a smaller stage in the middle of the crowd. Funny jokes and you just want to go down the pub with him.
    Disappointed my photos didn't come out well (crappy iPhone!)
    Every tune was belted out to perfection. They are on Jools new series tonight too!
  • Saw British sea power on friday who I didn't know were still alive etc. Not bad. Only mildly irritating audience. ...
  • Lykke Li tonight! B-)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • ^ Lykke you.

I was too late for a ticket here.
  • She was amazing (again)!
    The new songs work really well live.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Lots on Youtube, fortunately.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!