Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
European tour/adventure
  • 310 Comments sorted by
  • That's it ;-)
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • Cheers Alex. See you at HS Apollo.
  • Nice to read about your adventures, Alex! Thanks.
    =D>
  • alex_f said:

I don't want to be perceived as a crazy obsessed fan - I'm there for the music, for the amazing live experience which is one of the few moments in my life when I can let go and just enjoy the moment  without any usual overthinking. I have my strict boundaries: I do not wait for the band after the gigs, I never got any photos with any of them, I never even spoke to Alison. I don't want to be lumped together with creepy fans who obsess over Alison's 'loins' or guys who follow her every footstep, etc.

Now, now. There's nothing wrong with being a crazy obsessed fan. ;) Although, I must add that Alison for sure is not making it easy!

Anyway, that's a very comprehensive text you have managed to write. Especially between all the travelling and gigs!
  • ahaha Alex, great diary !

My one, in a synthetic form:

G = gig
    H = hotel
    M = metro
    P = plane
    S = shuttle bus
    T = train

21+22+23+24+25+26 = TTPTHGH+THGH+TTMHMGMH+0+TTPTHGH+TSPTHGH

Notes:
    9oldfrapp was with us too !
    The Finnish girl is on the forum too but I don't remind her nickname ...
    The first in the queue in Paris is @antonin_petit on twitter
    Crazy train delays
    Best week EVER !

• Really would like to go see Frapp on friday, but there's only standing tickets left (right at the back.)
    :(
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Giancarlo said:

I'm right here! :)

PS. I hope you weren't too tired on Wednesday morning, considering all the waiting we did on Tuesday evening!
  • @Alex_f The train connection between The Netherlands and Belgium is a known disaster. It sometimes takes up to 4 hours to get from Rotterdam to Brussels, ridiculous! (Blame the Dutch/Belgian government and Fyra trains for this)

I usually get that membership notification when buying tickets for Paradiso, but this time when I bought the tickets I didn't get it. I only had it because I remembered Paradiso requires this membership for whatever reason. :) And pushing everyone away is kind of acceptable unless people get hurt hehe, I just had the luck to be the first to get inside this time :D (I managed to walk to the stage slowly wondering why I was the only one inside at that point, it was strange)

(And tourists in Amsterdam are worse because they sometimes ride bikes. Most dangerous thing ever.)

@Jozzy81 I saw someone selling tickets on twitter, seems they're already gone but maybe someone else will sell them?
  • Minsku said:

Giancarlo said:

I'm right here! :)

PS. I hope you weren't too tired on Wednesday morning, considering all the waiting we did on Tuesday evening!

hello Minsku, noo, and I slept a bit on the train too !
    Post edited by Giancarlo at 2013-10-27 16:14:57
  • Thanks Anoukvdm, will have to ask if anyone's got a spear ticket on here!
    always seem to leave everything untill last min..... if can't go this i'll definitely be going for the spring tour!!
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Jozzy81 said:

Really would like to go see Frapp on friday, but there's only standing tickets left (right at the back.)
    :(

Oh go on, go on. Get a ticket. If you go everyone will make you feel welcome. If we bump into you anyway  L-)
  • ^Yeah, worth asking on here, Jozzy. A helpful GMBer might well have the odd spare ticket - for a reasonable seat.

I got mine only a week ago via a member... and wild_corgi via another member - just a couple days ago.
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-10-27 17:24:20
  • try @twickets if you're on twitter
  • Thanks all :)
    will ask (start a new thread) if anyone got a spare ticket.
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Oops, in hindsight I probably should have censored some bits - and not just copy/pasted it all. Also I hope it is clear that all days are written in reverse chronological order?

Minsku said:

Anyway, that's a very comprehensive text you have managed to write.
    Especially between all the travelling and gigs!

Well, I had a lot of time to write due to all the queueing, waiting for the trains, endless train rides, etc ;)

Anoukvdm said:

@Alex_f The train connection between The Netherlands and Belgium is a known disaster. It sometimes takes up to 4 hours to get from Rotterdam to Brussels, ridiculous! (Blame the Dutch/Belgian government and Fyra trains for this)

Next time I will prepare better with more time to spare :)

Anoukvdm said:

I usually get that membership notification when buying tickets for Paradiso, but this time when I bought the tickets I didn't get it. I only had it because I remembered Paradiso requires this membership for whatever reason. :)

All well that ends well :-)
    Post edited by alex_f at 2013-10-27 21:55:56
    Formerly known as alex_t.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!