Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
European tour/adventure
  • 310 Comments sorted by
  • ping said:

i have been thinking a bit about the paris gig and if i could do it, i couldn't find a train ticket as cheap as you when i looked so i'd kinda put it out my head. 

hmmmmm.... 

because its exactly 3 months out the fares haven't been published yet, but they will come up fairly soon, i was working on the cusp. I'd quite like to do Amsterdam or Paris. definitely can't afford both! Just let me know if you want me to dig deeper
    "its MY favourite song"
  • If you're planning on going to both the Amsterdam and Brussels gig, taking an Eurolines bus from Amsterdam might cost less money than taking the train. It does take a bit longer to get there though. 

It is very tempting to also go to Brussels. But I think that is going to be a last minute decision.
  • Me and Marlou would really appreciate it if you would choose the Amsterdam gig Tweety.
    Seeing you again would fill up the void left behind after we left Manchester and all those lovely Frappers... [/dramatic mode off]
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • thanks Anouk, good tip  ^:)^
    "its MY favourite song"
  • And did you know there's a Wagamamma just around the corner from the Paradiso? ;)
    Post edited by Dreeke at 2013-07-23 16:42:46
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • lol :D

i need a travelling companion to make it cheaper for both of us!

Post edited by tweety at 2013-07-23 16:46:11
    "its MY favourite song"
  • its deffo something i'd seriously consider. cost dependant really 
  • 7 euros for 4 hours from Amsterdam to Brussels on Eurolines isnt half bad, and 3 euros of that is booking fee!
    "its MY favourite song"
  • tweety said:

lol :D

i need a travelling companion to make it cheaper for both of us!

Oh, my! "Travelling companion" sounds so romantic. ..
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Very tempting. It's just a pity that it's a Monday as it's unlikely I'll get any time off in October.
  • tweety said:

7 euros for 4 hours from Amsterdam to Brussels on Eurolines isnt half bad, and 3 euros of that is booking fee!

I took the Eurolines bus to London, and it was quite comfortable too :)
  • Anoukvdm said:

tweety said:

7 euros for 4 hours from Amsterdam to Brussels on Eurolines isnt half bad, and 3 euros of that is booking fee!

If I remember what you said in your tweets - something to the effect that 'I'm never going on the bus again due to the horrible passengers'! :)
  • it is something ridiculous like 11 euros from Brussels to London, but it take ALLLLL day
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Anoukvdm said:

tweety said:

If I remember what you said in your tweets - something to the effect that 'I'm never going on the bus again due to the horrible passengers'! :)

Oh yes, but that was the one that left at 23:00. Sleeping in a bus just doesn't work. And awful people can be found anywhere I guess. :P (That, and I do love to complain about a lot of things when tired)
  • whats that website where you can find accommodation in private residences?  sleeponmysofa.com or something?
    Post edited by tweety at 2013-07-23 18:25:50
    "its MY favourite song"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!