Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
European tour/adventure
  • 310 Comments sorted by
  • Well, Ancienne Belgique has some weird organisation inside. This has all the potential of confusion and resulting disasters. And Europeans don't know how to queue!

The street outside is full of dodgy people and beggars - I'm scared!
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • Turns out 'dodgy' people actually work at the venue, oops :)
  • and... a non-sister.

I did *not* expect that!
  • @Alex_f
    Good luck with all your scruffy Belgian creatures. Hope that you won’t be waiting there for too long. ;-)

You are right about queues: that is something we do not know on the continent. The best strategy is: go to a bar, buy a Belgian beer, sit in the sun, continue doing so until you are about 5 minutes away from the start of the gig, then rush to the Ancienne Belgique and try to make your way up to the front rows, saying “excuse me” or “pardon” whilst pushing people aside. Mind you, a gentle push will do, and always keep a smile on your face when you are mumbling your apologies.

Good luck in Brussels and I hope the gig will be as awesome as yesterday’s. Try filming Thea and Yellow Halo if you can, people on this forum are dying to see them. BTW filming also justifies you making your way up to the front row ;-)
    Post edited by Jeronimooo at 2013-10-22 10:17:16
  • Is tweety there?
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Even if others aren't doing it, Alex can still queue, right?... it's in his soul!

There is such a thing as a queue of one, I guess. :-)
  • Oh, I'm queueing alright!

Jeromimooo, they won't get past me - that's for sure! Gentle push, arguments, fist fights, nothing will work ;)

And I don't record anything. I only do some photos during Ooh La La, and that's it. Hate putting phone between me and the scene :)
  • Same goes for me ('bout the telephone). I see lots of people filming and taking pictures; most of them are hanging about somewhere on the internet sooner or later...

Good luck fighting for your place in the queue, alex! :-bd

If you're looking for a great place to hang out after the gig, I can recommend "delirium tremens". Great pub, located near the statue of "jeanneke pis", which is the female version of the famous "manneke pis". The pub alone is a good reason to visit Brussels, Goldfrapp or no Goldfrapp.
    Post edited by Jeronimooo at 2013-10-22 11:07:06
  • Oh god, I still need to see that pissing statue after the concert :)

P.S. 15 minutes until the doors, just 8 people queueing :(
  • iuventus said:

Is tweety there?

No, I'm over here
    :P
    "its MY favourite song"
  • I thought that this whole thing was your idea.
  • When are they coming back to 'Merica?! I wanna hear Thea too you know!
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Berlin tonight! :-) There used to be a member called 'verena' from there... anyone in touch?
  • iuventus said:

I thought that this whole thing was your idea.

Some may say I'm a dreamer...

Anyway, how can I be in Europe when I'm locked in your basement? ;)
    "its MY favourite song"
  • And by basement you mean heart?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!