Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
European tour/adventure
  • I've done some preliminary research into this and I'm wondering if anyone else might be interested.  If you want to know if I'm any good at this sort of thing, just ask anyone who stayed at the Mitre ( yes it was my suggestion ;)

There are a number of options......

Monday October 21st, Amsterdam Paradiso

Easyjet from Stansted (other airports are available) prices currently at £45
    alternatively dutch flyer  train deal from Harwich to the Hook including transfer from any Greater Anglia  train station (including Liverpool St.) £45 
    show ticket £29
    accommodation - twin room £25-£35 pp depending where you stay and how soon you book. Dreeke is staying at the Backstage Hotel and currently rooms are £35 twin, shared bathroom. £48 twin en-suite. They have 3/4/5 bed rooms as well but limited in supply. A bench in the Schiphol departure lounge is however free.
    return flight/ferry £45

so that's appx £150 (plus munchies)

but seeing as your already in Europe your there you could travel down to Brussels the following day, looks like around £30 for a train, get a ticket for the Ancienne Belgique (£27), hotels are again £25-£35 for a twin, then get the eurostar the following morning and be back in london in two hours for £40.

extra night in Brussels takes it to around £230 minimum

There is also Le Triannon Hall in Paris at the end of the week (£43/ticket) 
    Easyjet fly from Luton and a return is £70
    Eurostar return is £69 return
    A twin room is looking around £30-£40 

A night in Paris coming in at £150 plus.

Just some options.......thoughts? 

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-10-21 14:12:51
    "its MY favourite song"
  • 310 Comments sorted by
  • I wish I had your dedication.... And budget!
  • just going to have wait for an announcement for more U.K dates, europe dates seem little expensive.....
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • lol. it doesn't look that cheap when you write it all down, but i thought I would cost it out as a few people had mentioned it :D
    "its MY favourite song"
  • It sounds like a heavenly idea...just need to find an extra squillion pounds to board the menagerie....hehehe. :)
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • I'm probably pushing it to hope for another Manchester date anytime soon...
  • i'm with chokka for another manchester date anyone else?
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • im sure there will be takers ;)
    "its MY favourite song"
  • I would have loved to have been there so would love to join in somehow.
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • maybe we could fund this with a kickstarter campaign?
    "its MY favourite song"
  • I would, if I could, but am skint now after this summer so far..... Aaaaand, my next trip away is to the Emerald Isle to visit Camille & see her do some really cheery (not) Shakespeare, & it's the weekend before that in October. Sorryyyyy!
  • :) Camille is totally worth it
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Oh she is.  She certainly is......

• tweety i'll join your kickstarter campaign.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • tweety said:

There is also Le Triannon Hall in Paris at the end of the week (£43/ticket) 
    Easyjet fly from Luton and a return is £70
    Eurostar return is £69 return
    A twin room is looking around £30-£40 

A night in Paris coming in at £150 plus.

Just some options.......thoughts? 

i have been thinking a bit about the paris gig and if i could do it, i couldn't find a train ticket as cheap as you when i looked so i'd kinda put it out my head. 
    hmmmmm.... 
  • I would luuuurve to do this but it's trying to get the time from work and who to go with.
    The alternative is my house and I'm sure my Mum will do a plate of sandwiches for the half time break and a nice cuppa tea ~O)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!