Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
This is Halloween This is Halloween
  • 96 Comments sorted by
  • I kind of get itchy when i see xmas lights up in november. And xmas cards already been sent out?

Too soon for my liking. And don't get me started on people who trail the outdoor light cable all over the front windows and stick on the brightest blinding flash.

On the plus side i do like stuffing and mince pies! Not together though. Obviously.

Be interesting to know how people decorate their houses frm Crimbo. Do you go with a traditional look or lean towards the wild n wacky?

Our house takes a more victoriana theme with a beautiful red velvet bow on top of the trees.. some gold stars, baubles, some crystal drops too and frosted cones. It looks quite alpine.

It takes about an hour/2 hours to do the whole tree but looks amazing when finished.

Post edited by serenity52 at 2017-11-13 14:35:35
  • I wish the Christmas spirit could last year round.  It's really not enough but closer.

Ouh, red velvet bows! gold stars!! baubles!!! Crystal drops!!!! and frosted cones!!!!!!!!!!!!  Woohoo!  That sounds very nice!

I always wanted a fifteen foot Christmas Tree.  I may have one soon.  Actually about 20.
  • I shall take a picture of it to show you- in December. And the big dining table with lace tablecloth and golden candles.

Big question- plastic xmas tree vs real xmas tree? What do folks prefer prefer?

Jeez i doubt we would get a 15 footer in our house without taking half the house down and knocking a few doors off the hinges.
  • Real, of course.  Mine are in the yard.  Currently about fifteen feet.  And, they are the dreamiest scented Christmas Trees I have ever encountered.  59 in all, really.  I was thinking about decorating them all but I doubt I will do that.

Can't wait to see you picture!  It sounds like a perfect Christmas image.  If it is anything like you describe, I guarantee you it will be added to my collection of lovely photos.  It is a real tree, right?

• With Halloween right around the corner, people like @kat are probably thinking- 'what the hell is my hedgehog gonna wear?' If I had a hedgehog, we'd have to dress in complimentary 'Beauty and the Beast' costumes. (Hedgington dressed as the beauty of course.)

DIY Last MIN Halloween Costume (for Hedgehogs)

U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • How bout a fairytale for Halloween-

I like what Marlene Dietrich has to say-
    https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/great-movie-beauty-and-the-beast-1946
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!