Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 769 Comments sorted by
  • Now this is interesting - domestication has made dogs either dumber or more dependent than wolves (or both)

https://phys.org/news/2017-09-wolves-effect-dogs.html#jCp

• We had a bit of discussion about duck penises not long ago.

Since that was so popular, here's some more. Some male ducks grow a new penis each year. Faced with lots of competition, most male Lesser Scaups grow theirs bigger, whilst many male Ruddy Ducks - who already have ENORMOUS dicks - just give up. How unlike the home life of our own dear queen.

Here's more details 
  • Surely in today's more enlightened world, that's our own dear alternatively sexually orientated males?
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Post edited by iuventus at 2017-10-15 16:23:36
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Found this lil buddy in the road last night sniffing   a dead mouse...Brought him / her home and put him in the greenhouse in a leaf filled box to rest and when I went to look this am he appeared not to have made it...but...yes he was breathing, so he's now indoors snuggled up on a hottie inside a fleece lined cage eating like a monster!
  • He's very underweight and Ive removed a juicy tic from him so I really hope this one makes it. 
  • So, you nurse them back to health and, then, let them go, Kat?  Or, do you have your very own zoo?
  • Awe that's beautiful. That poor little thing must think he is in heaven. Very lucky to have found you at the right time!

Have you given he/she a name? Henry or Henrietta?
  • I'm going to try to keep him alive then release him when he's gained sufficient weight. That'll be a wrench as I get too attached to animals. The place where I found him, just up the road, is a hog zone - Ive seen too many squashed hog lets on the road there, but obviously some must be surviving and breeding. I think I mentioned a while back that the last visitor to my bedroom, a baby kestrel, was passed on to a raptor rescue guy who looked after it better than I could then released it back into the wild. Haven't found a wandering llama yet but I live in hope.
    I haven't named him / her no, suggestions taken lol.
  • You have a lot of woodland nearby then Kat? Yes i can imagine what with the way some drivers tear down the roads, these little hogs don't stand a chance. Do you have any deer warning signs on the road too?

I hope the moles aren't causing you too much of a bother? Yes you should have your own indoor zoo Kat. I love your tortoise enclosure!
    Post edited by serenity52 at 2017-10-28 07:34:48
  • Thanks :-* No woodland round here no, just fields of cabbage and maize as far as the eye can see! Heading off now for a woodland walk - in Northamptonshire! Sadly we have to travel to get a tree fix but it's always worth it. 
  • I'd bet it'd be happy to live its life out in your greenhouse.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2017-10-28 12:56:21
    If I were dead, could I do this?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!